jonty_11
09-17 12:41 PM
It is one of the greatest rallying the tropos efforts I have seen. Lets march together shoulder to shoulder and demand equality and justice. It has been long overdue....
Please do whatever you can to attend teh rally if you are in the vicinity....!!
Please do whatever you can to attend teh rally if you are in the vicinity....!!
wallpaper Muppet Star Wars Movie Poster
LostInGCProcess
01-16 12:45 PM
The original poster said that she was "laid off". So the question of her sponsoring company paying her does not arise. And hence she is without a job and she knows it. On this basis I said that it would be considered fraud if she goes for H1B stamping.
Agreed.
Agreed.
abracadabra
07-06 11:13 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2007/06/30/DI2007063000525.html
Please post on the question on USCIS/DOS mess up, if there are enough people asking the same question then they migh answer it
Please post on the question on USCIS/DOS mess up, if there are enough people asking the same question then they migh answer it
2011 Star+wars+parody+posters
harryom
09-07 10:06 AM
Thanks for update!! But USCIS Receipt updates says they have already issued receipts till 07/26/07....
Dood...
Nothing to worry - Receipt Notice(s) will be issued when they will be issued. We can do nothing about it. I'm in the same boat - My application was mailed on Jul 24th and received on Jul 25th. No news so far - My Lawyer says, we should wait another month or so...
Take part in the Rally - It is our Cause!!!
Dood...
Nothing to worry - Receipt Notice(s) will be issued when they will be issued. We can do nothing about it. I'm in the same boat - My application was mailed on Jul 24th and received on Jul 25th. No news so far - My Lawyer says, we should wait another month or so...
Take part in the Rally - It is our Cause!!!
more...
solaris27
12-20 08:36 AM
submit AR-11 form online and also send it by post also .
anyway
01-25 06:36 PM
You can add a MouseLeftButtonDown event to pretty much any element! Just select and use the Events tab to set your event handler name: http://www.kirupa.com/net/creating_simple_wpf_gui_app_pg5.htm
Both Blend and VS will auto-generate the event handler where you can insert some code :)
Thanks. I actually figured it out, sort of.
So what I did was drag and drop the icon into my project then turned the icon into a control using the 'Make into control' option (right click option); selected Button from the list and left everthing else as is. From here, I selected button from the tab (says [Button]) under the project name. example: mainpage.xmal).
So basic what this does is overlay the icon image with an actual button control.
Moving on.
I then selected the button (icon image) in my project and in the properties panel (on the right) under 'Common Properties' removed the word "button" from the 'Content' label.
Switched to event view (it's the rectangle with the lighting bolt -- top right) and in the box next to 'Click' gave it a meaningful name, i.e. query_Click or query or something. I think after this the MainPage.xaml.cs should open.
Both Blend and VS will auto-generate the event handler where you can insert some code :)
Thanks. I actually figured it out, sort of.
So what I did was drag and drop the icon into my project then turned the icon into a control using the 'Make into control' option (right click option); selected Button from the list and left everthing else as is. From here, I selected button from the tab (says [Button]) under the project name. example: mainpage.xmal).
So basic what this does is overlay the icon image with an actual button control.
Moving on.
I then selected the button (icon image) in my project and in the properties panel (on the right) under 'Common Properties' removed the word "button" from the 'Content' label.
Switched to event view (it's the rectangle with the lighting bolt -- top right) and in the box next to 'Click' gave it a meaningful name, i.e. query_Click or query or something. I think after this the MainPage.xaml.cs should open.
more...
meridiani.planum
08-19 12:26 AM
I dont have any changes to status when I check my 485 case status online but today in the mail i received I797c notice welcoming me as a premenant residence. I am a bit hesitant to celebrate, but am I seeing green?:o
Raj
EB2- India [ Oct 2005 @ NSC]
485 filed Aug 2007
what do you want? President Bush to come home and welcome you with hugs and kisses? A ticker tape parade? A band? 45 skimpily clad, extremely beautiful cheerleaders dancing and singing: "he got a G, he got a C, he got a GC!"?
you got an approval notice, you are through. enjoy man. :cool:
Raj
EB2- India [ Oct 2005 @ NSC]
485 filed Aug 2007
what do you want? President Bush to come home and welcome you with hugs and kisses? A ticker tape parade? A band? 45 skimpily clad, extremely beautiful cheerleaders dancing and singing: "he got a G, he got a C, he got a GC!"?
you got an approval notice, you are through. enjoy man. :cool:
2010 Disney Star Wars Poster by
shirish
01-02 12:05 PM
Thank you very much.
I dont have a "F" next to the expiry date on the current passport. so i can do the processing for renewal i guess and pay only the $15 for delivery charges.
Pls clarify.
Thanks
Where did you see $15 only charge only for delivery. I am in a similer situation, passport expirig in oct 2007. Can you point me to the web page?
I dont have a "F" next to the expiry date on the current passport. so i can do the processing for renewal i guess and pay only the $15 for delivery charges.
Pls clarify.
Thanks
Where did you see $15 only charge only for delivery. I am in a similer situation, passport expirig in oct 2007. Can you point me to the web page?
more...
pleaseadviseme
09-22 02:28 AM
Hi, guys, i am new here, I hope you guys can help me with my urgent questions.
I am on my OPT which i do have a F-1 visa. my employer said he will file my H1b petition on Jan. 1st. and thank god this is from a non profit organization(hospital and filing from university hospital level), so i guess i do have the non-cap advantage...
my fiancee has F-1 visa too, but we are getting married next month so excited. should i ask my employer to apply for us the same time? is it possible to apply for H1b for me, and my wife f1 to h4 change of status the same time without i get approved on h1b? she is going to meaningless school to maintain her status, but if she can be on h4 (not including f2), she can save alot of money and alot lesser pressure.
i don't know how is this work, and how much is the f-1 to h-4 status change costs. also, if i get denied, she will be denied too, but if she gets denied, will i get denied?
in other word, is filing both visa same time affect the chance of getting approved? i have heard some people saying that it's alot better to file one at a time rather than both at the same time.
u guys know the odds of getting approved on h1b from non profit organization these days? my hospital is a non profit research hospital with 1500+ employees.
thanks alot guys and girls. i wish you the best with your visas!!!!
I am on my OPT which i do have a F-1 visa. my employer said he will file my H1b petition on Jan. 1st. and thank god this is from a non profit organization(hospital and filing from university hospital level), so i guess i do have the non-cap advantage...
my fiancee has F-1 visa too, but we are getting married next month so excited. should i ask my employer to apply for us the same time? is it possible to apply for H1b for me, and my wife f1 to h4 change of status the same time without i get approved on h1b? she is going to meaningless school to maintain her status, but if she can be on h4 (not including f2), she can save alot of money and alot lesser pressure.
i don't know how is this work, and how much is the f-1 to h-4 status change costs. also, if i get denied, she will be denied too, but if she gets denied, will i get denied?
in other word, is filing both visa same time affect the chance of getting approved? i have heard some people saying that it's alot better to file one at a time rather than both at the same time.
u guys know the odds of getting approved on h1b from non profit organization these days? my hospital is a non profit research hospital with 1500+ employees.
thanks alot guys and girls. i wish you the best with your visas!!!!
hair Family Guy Star Wars Poster
aanurags
10-21 03:48 PM
I am thinking of switching the company and look for new job. I am not sure how this will work when I am on EAD and not expecting my GC to come soon as my priority date (EB3) is March 2005.
Possibly the new job will not be 100% aligned with the job desc that was put during the LC.
Do any one can help me guide what are my options?
Possibly the new job will not be 100% aligned with the job desc that was put during the LC.
Do any one can help me guide what are my options?
more...
rssb
11-28 07:28 AM
H1's from A and B are not related and having multiple H1's is valid.
However in your case, once the H1 from company A starts your OPT / EAD status will no longer be valid. For filing a H1 with company B now, you are fine with OPT status and you may get an approval for start date B with company B based on today's status of OPT.
I am under the impression that company B is not aware of H1 filing with company A.
So if H1 from company A is already approved and ready to start date A in Jan , then that is the day your OPT will end. If H1 from B is approved before start date A , but start date B is beyond A's start date then you will have to be with company A during that period ( i.e gap between start date A & start date B).
Or else down the line if you are asked to prove status between start date A & B, for that time you need something to show.
You say "My issue is, Company A is going to terminate the H1B visa process from my end, and ends the employment relation with me. "
If this is the case your OPT should be intact, just make sure your status does not change on start date A with Sevis.
If A is not willing to cancel or you need to ask them to cancel then ....
Your options might be,
a) Cancel processing of H1 with A, so that OPT stays intact till B kicks in.
b) if A is already approved, then ask A to cancel it ( i.e send a letter to USCIS for withdrawal), this withdrawal date has to be before start date with A , and your OPT will be reinstated till B kicks in. This requires around 60 days, but can be sooner depending on their work load.
c) Ask B to advance start date to match with A so it takes control of your OPT before A ends it.
I can understand your situation, when someone is coming out of school and has multiple options. Where a single one of them is not a cut above the rest, for a clean decision, or a good one comes later. The best is to stay with opt until you are comfortable and like the work, but however due to time pressure, quota exhaustion and persuasion from the companies people end up applying for H1 too soon locking themselves into a corner.
PS: I am not a lawyer, it is better to consult a lawyer / your school student adviser for your options.
Good luck.
However in your case, once the H1 from company A starts your OPT / EAD status will no longer be valid. For filing a H1 with company B now, you are fine with OPT status and you may get an approval for start date B with company B based on today's status of OPT.
I am under the impression that company B is not aware of H1 filing with company A.
So if H1 from company A is already approved and ready to start date A in Jan , then that is the day your OPT will end. If H1 from B is approved before start date A , but start date B is beyond A's start date then you will have to be with company A during that period ( i.e gap between start date A & start date B).
Or else down the line if you are asked to prove status between start date A & B, for that time you need something to show.
You say "My issue is, Company A is going to terminate the H1B visa process from my end, and ends the employment relation with me. "
If this is the case your OPT should be intact, just make sure your status does not change on start date A with Sevis.
If A is not willing to cancel or you need to ask them to cancel then ....
Your options might be,
a) Cancel processing of H1 with A, so that OPT stays intact till B kicks in.
b) if A is already approved, then ask A to cancel it ( i.e send a letter to USCIS for withdrawal), this withdrawal date has to be before start date with A , and your OPT will be reinstated till B kicks in. This requires around 60 days, but can be sooner depending on their work load.
c) Ask B to advance start date to match with A so it takes control of your OPT before A ends it.
I can understand your situation, when someone is coming out of school and has multiple options. Where a single one of them is not a cut above the rest, for a clean decision, or a good one comes later. The best is to stay with opt until you are comfortable and like the work, but however due to time pressure, quota exhaustion and persuasion from the companies people end up applying for H1 too soon locking themselves into a corner.
PS: I am not a lawyer, it is better to consult a lawyer / your school student adviser for your options.
Good luck.
hot edition Star Wars posters
ramana_akp
12-17 05:16 PM
Hi friends!
I have applied for my I-485 in June 2007.
This is what i got on 29 Nov-2007
On November 29, 2007, we mailed you a decision on your I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
and on Dec 11th my status changed to
On December 11, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable
My attorney got letters that my wife and daughter got denied as mine was denied..i am runing out of time and still do not know why it was denied..
we are at the same address where we got our EAD's and AP's and we have been checking the mail box every day to find out the reason.
if somebody who knows or gone through the same please share with me what you did and what happened.
thanks a lot.
Ramana.
I have applied for my I-485 in June 2007.
This is what i got on 29 Nov-2007
On November 29, 2007, we mailed you a decision on your I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
and on Dec 11th my status changed to
On December 11, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable
My attorney got letters that my wife and daughter got denied as mine was denied..i am runing out of time and still do not know why it was denied..
we are at the same address where we got our EAD's and AP's and we have been checking the mail box every day to find out the reason.
if somebody who knows or gone through the same please share with me what you did and what happened.
thanks a lot.
Ramana.
more...
house Star Wars Weekend
thomachan72
10-15 03:44 PM
sshrika:
I think you are positioned well with a full time position and income.
Here is what I would suggest. Continue with your full time job and on the side start looking for a job and make sure that you get hold of good consulting company(ies). If they find you a position, they will/may file for the H1B Xfer. Once the H1b exfer is complete, you can go an join them.
This is all easy said than done. You will have to find a position where the client is willing to wait for your H1B approval and etc. Since you are already on an H1B all you need is a receipt number for the new H1B, but it is getting tricky with denials these days. You dont want to leave your existing full time job and join the consulting company only to realise that the H1B xfer did not go through.
Best wishes
Mattresscoil!!
So if he initiates H1b transfer but as you said waits with the current employer and if his transfer gets denied will that affect his current H1b?? or is he safe to continue with the current employer?
I think you are positioned well with a full time position and income.
Here is what I would suggest. Continue with your full time job and on the side start looking for a job and make sure that you get hold of good consulting company(ies). If they find you a position, they will/may file for the H1B Xfer. Once the H1b exfer is complete, you can go an join them.
This is all easy said than done. You will have to find a position where the client is willing to wait for your H1B approval and etc. Since you are already on an H1B all you need is a receipt number for the new H1B, but it is getting tricky with denials these days. You dont want to leave your existing full time job and join the consulting company only to realise that the H1B xfer did not go through.
Best wishes
Mattresscoil!!
So if he initiates H1b transfer but as you said waits with the current employer and if his transfer gets denied will that affect his current H1b?? or is he safe to continue with the current employer?
tattoo LEGO x Star Wars Poster
irock
10-10 06:53 PM
We are also in the same boat. My wife and me finished FP on 10/2. Its already been 9days. No LUD on my case or my wife's case.
Do I need to worry or This is quite normal?
Do I need to worry or This is quite normal?
more...
pictures characters from Star Wars
immiusa
04-09 01:26 PM
Congrats. Very long wait. I am happy for you. Seems USCIS is trying to close all old applications. That is good sign for all long wait memebers
dresses demotivational poster JANGO
saurav_4096
11-28 02:35 PM
I have registered on USCIS website for I-485, AP and EAD. When I logged on today I saw last updated date modified to 11/25/2007.
Email notification for all the registerd cases is turned on. I did not receive any email notification for the updates
Just wondering if some one else in the same boat not receiving emails.
I have given my hotmail email ID, if that matters ?
Any Idea ...
Email notification for all the registerd cases is turned on. I did not receive any email notification for the updates
Just wondering if some one else in the same boat not receiving emails.
I have given my hotmail email ID, if that matters ?
Any Idea ...
more...
makeup Star Wars Rock Band Poster by
HumHongeKamiyab
12-17 08:28 AM
Appreciate your response. Thank you so much.
There is on Ajay chaudhury in houstan.
There is on Ajay chaudhury in houstan.
girlfriend yoda starwars demotivational
anilsal
12-05 12:09 PM
I see some of the posts about lawyers screwing up..well if I go ahead telling my story in detail, of how he messed up my H-1B filing, people would be amazed. His law office on my qualifications specified "Masters of Science in Science" based on which USCIS sent a simple RFE to specify more about my degree in the US, and to which he didnt even file the reply on time and my case was closed by USCIS. He personally informed me a reply has been filed, which never was due to the way they handle work in the office, I presume..It was anyways a mental harrassment as I not only took advice from 5 different lawyers and had to refile an H-1 and get out of the country to get an I-94.
I think the way some of these lawyers are working, we should ask for things as minute as FEDEX or UPS tracking receipts. Just my two cents.
do not name law firms in your posts-- admin.
That is why the online case tracker from USCIS is important. Get the receipt numbers and you can track as to what is happening - RFE, approval, denial etc and they can email when the case status changes.
I think the way some of these lawyers are working, we should ask for things as minute as FEDEX or UPS tracking receipts. Just my two cents.
do not name law firms in your posts-- admin.
That is why the online case tracker from USCIS is important. Get the receipt numbers and you can track as to what is happening - RFE, approval, denial etc and they can email when the case status changes.
hairstyles star wars
andy.jones110
10-13 12:06 AM
our situation is complicated.
There is a 240 days rule to stop working, if H1B is pending for an approval.
It is for working with the same employer. Transfer may be diffrent.
But since it is a premium process, and your I-94 is expired, you need to be very careful.
You are now out of staus, I fear.
So rush to a good lawyer and contact USCIS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My Situation is like this
1. Applied for H1 Visa Ext with Comp A, before I- 94 expiry in regular processing and Ive receipt No with me.
2. Now Ive a good offer with company B, they will apply in Premium processing for H1 Transfer and extension.
What are my chances of getting Approval for transfer?
There is a 240 days rule to stop working, if H1B is pending for an approval.
It is for working with the same employer. Transfer may be diffrent.
But since it is a premium process, and your I-94 is expired, you need to be very careful.
You are now out of staus, I fear.
So rush to a good lawyer and contact USCIS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My Situation is like this
1. Applied for H1 Visa Ext with Comp A, before I- 94 expiry in regular processing and Ive receipt No with me.
2. Now Ive a good offer with company B, they will apply in Premium processing for H1 Transfer and extension.
What are my chances of getting Approval for transfer?
rajeshalex
09-24 11:06 AM
I had received response to 140 stating pending background name check.
Here is the exact lines
"USCIS is awaiting the results of your pending background name check. The USCIS is unable to predict when a background check might be completed. so they ask us to wait 120 days before initiating another inquiry."
I am not sure whether this is related with IBIS check or name check or background check. If its an IBIS check EAD also got the same check and my EAD has been renewed twice. My FP was done in Nov 07 and after 2 days of FP my appln was transferred from TSC to NSC
Anyway I will wait for another 120 days
Here is the exact lines
"USCIS is awaiting the results of your pending background name check. The USCIS is unable to predict when a background check might be completed. so they ask us to wait 120 days before initiating another inquiry."
I am not sure whether this is related with IBIS check or name check or background check. If its an IBIS check EAD also got the same check and my EAD has been renewed twice. My FP was done in Nov 07 and after 2 days of FP my appln was transferred from TSC to NSC
Anyway I will wait for another 120 days
GKBest
10-30 06:24 PM
I may have to use it for work from January as I am invoking AC21. I am confused now whether to re-apply or just use it like as it is.
My attorney informed USCIS about the typo error when they received the AOS receipts , but it looks like EAD Card was ordered before USCIS was notified. My Advance Parole has also mis-spelled Lastname. I have USCIS letter confirming typo error attached to my case. Would this be a sufficient proof that my EAD has a different Lastname which is only a typo error?
Gurus please advise.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=190382&postcount=1
My lawyer advised me to take an infopass to correct the name of my dependent on the EAD card. Instead of "e", they placed "a" and he said that I might as well have the name on the FP notice and I-485 corrected.
My attorney informed USCIS about the typo error when they received the AOS receipts , but it looks like EAD Card was ordered before USCIS was notified. My Advance Parole has also mis-spelled Lastname. I have USCIS letter confirming typo error attached to my case. Would this be a sufficient proof that my EAD has a different Lastname which is only a typo error?
Gurus please advise.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=190382&postcount=1
My lawyer advised me to take an infopass to correct the name of my dependent on the EAD card. Instead of "e", they placed "a" and he said that I might as well have the name on the FP notice and I-485 corrected.

No comments:
Post a Comment