chantu
09-18 10:13 PM
I am planning to book tickets for my parents travelling from India to US and returning back to India after 2 months. I have some questions:
1) Is it necessary to book tickets in India?
2) If not, Can I book tickets through orbitz or expedia in the US and send them the e-tickets?
Please reply with your experiences.
Thanks in advance!
1) Is it necessary to book tickets in India?
2) If not, Can I book tickets through orbitz or expedia in the US and send them the e-tickets?
Please reply with your experiences.
Thanks in advance!
wallpaper Acura Integra Ls Engine.
mallu
01-24 01:35 PM
Yes. As long as your PD was current in some point of time you can file WOM. Be sure to include Department of State as a defendant so it could be ordered to release a visa number for you..
natrajs
12-16 02:07 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,
As a EB2-India hopeful I was Current in Aug/Sept 2008, and had a 99.9% of hope of getting approval. However, they did nothing then though many with a lot lower (later) PD's and RD's were approved.
Now suddenly, I got several sets of emails with "Card production ordered", "Approval notice sent" and "Wecome as a New permanent resident" messages (some more than one with same message).
So, may be USCIS is not following any PD dates announced in Visa Bulletins, but this time for good. Ironically, I also got emails on my AP approval, which is dated a day later than GC approval. Sequence of LUDs is - AP received 11/11 with a soft LUD on 12/10, I-485 approval on 12/11, AP approval on 12/12. Got another set of emails today with similar contents as in emails dated 12/11.
Perhaps a lot is going on to clear old cases. Have hopes, and do something so that your file comes to someone's attention. ....Best to all....
Congrats and Best Wishes , It happened to my friend also, His PD is March 05 and got the approval on 10/29/08
As a EB2-India hopeful I was Current in Aug/Sept 2008, and had a 99.9% of hope of getting approval. However, they did nothing then though many with a lot lower (later) PD's and RD's were approved.
Now suddenly, I got several sets of emails with "Card production ordered", "Approval notice sent" and "Wecome as a New permanent resident" messages (some more than one with same message).
So, may be USCIS is not following any PD dates announced in Visa Bulletins, but this time for good. Ironically, I also got emails on my AP approval, which is dated a day later than GC approval. Sequence of LUDs is - AP received 11/11 with a soft LUD on 12/10, I-485 approval on 12/11, AP approval on 12/12. Got another set of emails today with similar contents as in emails dated 12/11.
Perhaps a lot is going on to clear old cases. Have hopes, and do something so that your file comes to someone's attention. ....Best to all....
Congrats and Best Wishes , It happened to my friend also, His PD is March 05 and got the approval on 10/29/08
2011 2000 Mazda B3000$4999.
lostinbeta
10-21 04:13 AM
Hey, this is MY thread and I will delete any argumentative posts about sports teams :)
I personally don't root for any team. Not much of a sports fan.... odd really considering every guy in my family is, but then again I am nothing like anyone else in my family... so that could be why.
I personally don't root for any team. Not much of a sports fan.... odd really considering every guy in my family is, but then again I am nothing like anyone else in my family... so that could be why.
more...
BumbleBee
08-24 07:16 PM
Not sure whats stopping from this regulation to come in to effect
http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0314-guevara.shtm
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_subupd.html
I wish if they publish the regulation soon, out of those 360K labor pending, half of the employees must have left the company.
If the system doesn't change than may be its best to change ourselves to suite the system :D .
<Joke> :rolleyes:
Does anyone have approved/upapproved labor of 2001 and looking for subsitute candidate???? Please contact IV at blah blahh.. </Joke> :eek:
never mind, just evening frustration!!!!!!
BumbleBee
http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0314-guevara.shtm
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_subupd.html
I wish if they publish the regulation soon, out of those 360K labor pending, half of the employees must have left the company.
If the system doesn't change than may be its best to change ourselves to suite the system :D .
<Joke> :rolleyes:
Does anyone have approved/upapproved labor of 2001 and looking for subsitute candidate???? Please contact IV at blah blahh.. </Joke> :eek:
never mind, just evening frustration!!!!!!
BumbleBee
pd_recapturing
06-21 02:29 PM
Did somebody do research on getting the correct/valid photos for I 485 in the cheapest possible way ?
more...
hare01
02-25 12:32 AM
Dear friends,
I have a situation here and it may not be very different from what many others are facing as well. But just that I am not sure what I should be doing now.
I have a H1B visa and I am working for a company in NY state. I will be leaving the company on this Friday (laid off) . My company has informed me that they can hold my H1B for upto a month after which they have asked me to leave the country if they cant find another assignment for me.
My question is :
1) Can I transfer my H1B to some consulting company , that can atleast hold my H1B so that I stay in status? If anyone knows any info on some good consulting xompanies in NYC , that would be very helpful info for me.
2) My wife is on H1B as well .. If I go as a dependent (H4) on her (in case I dont find a job) , will I still be able to shift to H1 in the middle of the year or should I wait until Apr 2010 until the qouta opens? I also would like to know how long it takes for a H1 to H4 transfer and what are the procedures for the same.
3) Can I go from H4 to F1 and then back to H1B when the qouta opens in Apr.
Thanks a lot for your time. I appreciate your help in this regard.
I have a situation here and it may not be very different from what many others are facing as well. But just that I am not sure what I should be doing now.
I have a H1B visa and I am working for a company in NY state. I will be leaving the company on this Friday (laid off) . My company has informed me that they can hold my H1B for upto a month after which they have asked me to leave the country if they cant find another assignment for me.
My question is :
1) Can I transfer my H1B to some consulting company , that can atleast hold my H1B so that I stay in status? If anyone knows any info on some good consulting xompanies in NYC , that would be very helpful info for me.
2) My wife is on H1B as well .. If I go as a dependent (H4) on her (in case I dont find a job) , will I still be able to shift to H1 in the middle of the year or should I wait until Apr 2010 until the qouta opens? I also would like to know how long it takes for a H1 to H4 transfer and what are the procedures for the same.
3) Can I go from H4 to F1 and then back to H1B when the qouta opens in Apr.
Thanks a lot for your time. I appreciate your help in this regard.
2010 Bmw 318ti Engine Diagram
byeusa
07-11 01:54 AM
Anything I can do to help?
Call UNINPAC and give an earful so that they don't mis spell IMMIGRATION.
Call UNINPAC and give an earful so that they don't mis spell IMMIGRATION.
more...
ArunAntonio
08-21 08:07 PM
Cant make it to the DC rally?
Sponsor someone else to represent you.
Please vote -- > http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12441
Sponsor someone else to represent you.
Please vote -- > http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12441
hair uick 350 engine diagram
desperatlyinwaiting
06-15 10:19 PM
Thank you for the quick response and advise.
Do they stamp the I-551 on a current passport, when he gets it renewed, even if we have not receive the approval letter? How do they verify this?
I do not have experience with this, so I greatly appreciate your patience.
Do they stamp the I-551 on a current passport, when he gets it renewed, even if we have not receive the approval letter? How do they verify this?
I do not have experience with this, so I greatly appreciate your patience.
more...
Robert Kumar
01-26 07:10 AM
Which US consulate did you apply? Do you already have H1B on your passport? I think the best option will be to approach your employer and have them sort this issue out. Sometimes, the consulate will request for some additional information from the employer and once they get this information, they will issue the visa.
Good luck!
I too think requesting the employer to take the action, with their lawyer. If they are good, and with no issues, they must initiate this and fix it,
but if they are not good, they may withdraw at this point and may feel "lets not get into more headaches"... in which case you may not pursue further.
I can imagine how it feels, belv me, yet, keep looking and dont give up
Good luck!
I too think requesting the employer to take the action, with their lawyer. If they are good, and with no issues, they must initiate this and fix it,
but if they are not good, they may withdraw at this point and may feel "lets not get into more headaches"... in which case you may not pursue further.
I can imagine how it feels, belv me, yet, keep looking and dont give up
hot uick 350 engine diagram,
sanju
07-11 01:30 AM
I emailed some of our core members. I hope they can take out some time to deal with these rouge elements tomorrow. In Hindi they say- Asteen Ka Saanp ( snake in your sleeve) for this kind of behavour from USINPAC
I agree with you 100%. I think Anti-Immigrants like NumbersUSA and Tom Tancredo is better than USINPAC. For Anti-immigrants atleast we know where they stand and we know what to expect from them. usinpac is the worst kind of disease for the community where they can trick you anytime and you will not even know when they are stabbing you at your back. They just want to do photo-ops and claim the credit for the things they didn't even know. I live in VA and most people in Indian community in northern VA know about the inside story of these scamster. Initially a few lawmakers got the impression that usinpac represent the Indian American community, maybe that is what the con-artist at this org conveyed to a few lawmakers. Now everybody in DC area, including the lawmakers, know the truth about this group. A journalist friend in MD told me that even press and reporters know about this totally useless org called usinpac.
It is one thing if they do something and then claim credit for doing it. The problem is first of all they claim to represent entire Indian American community; on top of that they do not do anything about the any issue including green card issue. But when they see something happening they will try to take ownership of anything moving and will try to make a show that things are moving because of them. Just as in this case, all the members of IV sent flowers and these guys are releasing press release to tell to the world that they are the once doing this drive. Such press release from them is extremely damaging as the basic intent of the ENTIRE flower campaign was o draw media attention. In this case usinpac did not spare all the people spending days and nights to coordinate, Nixtor and English_august and thousands of people who sent flowers. How can someone stoop so low? Now they want to get media attention and that is why they have sneaked in this press release. IV core must come clean on this and clearly renounce these consistent immature acts of these con-artists. This org with extremely bad reputation and we must stay as far away from them as possible.
I agree with you 100%. I think Anti-Immigrants like NumbersUSA and Tom Tancredo is better than USINPAC. For Anti-immigrants atleast we know where they stand and we know what to expect from them. usinpac is the worst kind of disease for the community where they can trick you anytime and you will not even know when they are stabbing you at your back. They just want to do photo-ops and claim the credit for the things they didn't even know. I live in VA and most people in Indian community in northern VA know about the inside story of these scamster. Initially a few lawmakers got the impression that usinpac represent the Indian American community, maybe that is what the con-artist at this org conveyed to a few lawmakers. Now everybody in DC area, including the lawmakers, know the truth about this group. A journalist friend in MD told me that even press and reporters know about this totally useless org called usinpac.
It is one thing if they do something and then claim credit for doing it. The problem is first of all they claim to represent entire Indian American community; on top of that they do not do anything about the any issue including green card issue. But when they see something happening they will try to take ownership of anything moving and will try to make a show that things are moving because of them. Just as in this case, all the members of IV sent flowers and these guys are releasing press release to tell to the world that they are the once doing this drive. Such press release from them is extremely damaging as the basic intent of the ENTIRE flower campaign was o draw media attention. In this case usinpac did not spare all the people spending days and nights to coordinate, Nixtor and English_august and thousands of people who sent flowers. How can someone stoop so low? Now they want to get media attention and that is why they have sneaked in this press release. IV core must come clean on this and clearly renounce these consistent immature acts of these con-artists. This org with extremely bad reputation and we must stay as far away from them as possible.
more...
house some of the Mazda B3000
anilsal
07-10 12:29 AM
I am sure if there is media present at the location, they would want to talk to people from IV. So do your best, guys.
If possible meet some USCIS folks (if opportunities exist).
If possible meet some USCIS folks (if opportunities exist).
tattoo Mercedes Ml320 Engine Diagram.
lord_labaku
09-21 09:15 PM
If your passport has been impounded, cant you only travel out of the country by hiding in a cargo box anyway....GC will be the last in your list of worries. No?
more...
pictures Mercedes Ml320 Engine Diagram.
cagcwait
02-09 08:12 PM
Hi Bee-- Great post clarifiying the IV cause. I am a volunteer for IV, but my labour is still pending at PBEC (Jul 2002 CA EB2 RIR). When we met the Congress Persons in Bay Area last week, we did talk about the labour certification backlogs. In fact, the immigration staff at both the places were aware of the labour backlogs (even though one of them didn't know about the retrogression). IV is representing the labour certification backlogs and asking for transparency in the backlog centers.
So All -- whether we are stuck in labour or retrogression -- Let's rally together. Please join IV and strengthen our representation.
There is very little time left. Let us join together and present a united front under IV.
cagcwait
So All -- whether we are stuck in labour or retrogression -- Let's rally together. Please join IV and strengthen our representation.
There is very little time left. Let us join together and present a united front under IV.
cagcwait
dresses rover 25 engine diagram,
maheshf
02-20 01:23 PM
I do have copy of approved I-140 from company A and asked for the old priority dates on Old I-140 when applied for new I-140. Not sure if it matters
more...
makeup Volvo 240 Engine Diagram.
ameerka_dream
05-06 03:52 PM
Guys,
I need your suggestion. My birth was not registered within one year of my date of birth but it was registered recently and I got my Birth certificate with me. I'm just preparing documents for filing for 485 in near future. Some body has just mentioned to me that USCIS would send an RFE if I submit that Birth Certificate with 485 filing. Could anybody have an idea about documents that I would need to get and to submit with my birth certificate as per my per later registered birth certificate ?
I would appreciate if anybody can point me with links if somebody already gone through this.
Thanks.
I need your suggestion. My birth was not registered within one year of my date of birth but it was registered recently and I got my Birth certificate with me. I'm just preparing documents for filing for 485 in near future. Some body has just mentioned to me that USCIS would send an RFE if I submit that Birth Certificate with 485 filing. Could anybody have an idea about documents that I would need to get and to submit with my birth certificate as per my per later registered birth certificate ?
I would appreciate if anybody can point me with links if somebody already gone through this.
Thanks.
girlfriend Acura Integra Ls Engine. acura
nozerd
12-17 09:33 PM
My labor was approved in October 2005 and the dates were in 1998 then so couldnt apply for 485. I applied for I 140 and that was approved in December 2005. Couldnt apply for I 485 until June 2007 just 1 month before the "free for all" where my dear friends with PD in 2007 could also apply.
Just makes you smile doesnt it :)
Just makes you smile doesnt it :)
hairstyles Mazda B3000 I have a 1996
cdeneo
03-27 12:50 PM
No real evidence but when I had looked into doing this for my parents this is what I found out -
You can apply for an extension - but would need to give a valid reason with proof along with a confirmed return air ticket for a later date. Some reasons that get accepted with the correct proof:
1. More travels planned within the US - provide itinerary with dates and reservations of where the travels are planned for. And a confirmed return ticket to India later on.
2. Medical - maybe a letter from the doctor may suffice but they would need to still have good explaination and this may not fly for a 6 month extension.
3. Marriage of a family member in the US with wedding invitation and a confirmed return ticket to India after the wedding has occured.
4. Any other valid reason with proof...
I had consulted an immigration attorney and he said that he could prep the paperwork for me - the form itself is very simple, you need to attach an explaination for why you are asking for an extension and this needs to be done properly.
Another thing the attorney told me was - USCIS had become more stringent than before on giving the extensions (not sure how stringent though as he said that one could get an extension with the right documentation provided). Also one needs to provide proof of funds to support your parents while they will be here - you can provide your bank statements, pay slips, etc for them...
Also the attorney had mentioned that if they did grant an extension one time - most likely they would not do this again in the future (once in a life time thing sort of deal). Best bet is to go back and save your extension for a later time when you would utmost need it.
Traveling out of the country and returning in one month used to happen a lot in past years - officers at POE have become more strict and may see that you were just here for 6 months and are back this quickly. The officer at POE would ask you the reason for a visit this quickly and may grant you a one month or a three month stay - completely in the hands of the officer at the POE (you may still get six months but it's all luck at this point).
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Hi Everyone,
I learnt recently that my parents have started showing early signs of Alzheimers. They have a 10 year multiple visa. For now I have them staying with me and their 1-94 date is coming up next month.
I wanted to know what options do i have and what would be the repurcursions.
1. extend thier stay. if so, whats the process.
2. let them fly back to India. stay for month and revisit for anothe 6 months. any catch or restriction on this.
Its just that they have no one in india to take care of them and people are cheating on them due to thier medical condition.
Your opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
You can apply for an extension - but would need to give a valid reason with proof along with a confirmed return air ticket for a later date. Some reasons that get accepted with the correct proof:
1. More travels planned within the US - provide itinerary with dates and reservations of where the travels are planned for. And a confirmed return ticket to India later on.
2. Medical - maybe a letter from the doctor may suffice but they would need to still have good explaination and this may not fly for a 6 month extension.
3. Marriage of a family member in the US with wedding invitation and a confirmed return ticket to India after the wedding has occured.
4. Any other valid reason with proof...
I had consulted an immigration attorney and he said that he could prep the paperwork for me - the form itself is very simple, you need to attach an explaination for why you are asking for an extension and this needs to be done properly.
Another thing the attorney told me was - USCIS had become more stringent than before on giving the extensions (not sure how stringent though as he said that one could get an extension with the right documentation provided). Also one needs to provide proof of funds to support your parents while they will be here - you can provide your bank statements, pay slips, etc for them...
Also the attorney had mentioned that if they did grant an extension one time - most likely they would not do this again in the future (once in a life time thing sort of deal). Best bet is to go back and save your extension for a later time when you would utmost need it.
Traveling out of the country and returning in one month used to happen a lot in past years - officers at POE have become more strict and may see that you were just here for 6 months and are back this quickly. The officer at POE would ask you the reason for a visit this quickly and may grant you a one month or a three month stay - completely in the hands of the officer at the POE (you may still get six months but it's all luck at this point).
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Hi Everyone,
I learnt recently that my parents have started showing early signs of Alzheimers. They have a 10 year multiple visa. For now I have them staying with me and their 1-94 date is coming up next month.
I wanted to know what options do i have and what would be the repurcursions.
1. extend thier stay. if so, whats the process.
2. let them fly back to India. stay for month and revisit for anothe 6 months. any catch or restriction on this.
Its just that they have no one in india to take care of them and people are cheating on them due to thier medical condition.
Your opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
abracadabra
07-06 11:13 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2007/06/30/DI2007063000525.html
Please post on the question on USCIS/DOS mess up, if there are enough people asking the same question then they migh answer it
Please post on the question on USCIS/DOS mess up, if there are enough people asking the same question then they migh answer it
SGP
11-27 04:56 PM
I can't agree less with snathan

No comments:
Post a Comment