eb3retro
06-30 10:05 PM
Eb3Retro, Did you sign G-28 initially for your (previous employer's) attorney to represent? if so how did you change the representation?
i have not changed attorney so far, just wanted to retain the same guy until i extend my EAD this time, (which is pending and awaiting results anytime soon) , once this is done, i am going to file G28 and self file AP myself. My attorney charges exorbitant fees for doing this, just for the safety sake, just for ead extn i used him...few more days and i will say thanks for all his services..
i have not changed attorney so far, just wanted to retain the same guy until i extend my EAD this time, (which is pending and awaiting results anytime soon) , once this is done, i am going to file G28 and self file AP myself. My attorney charges exorbitant fees for doing this, just for the safety sake, just for ead extn i used him...few more days and i will say thanks for all his services..
wallpaper Vauxhall Tigra 1.6i 16V
BharatPremi
11-21 09:31 PM
Happy thanksgiving to employers and lawyers.
Happy thanksgiving to ALIPAC, NumbersUSA, Fairus, Zazona, ProgrammersGuild.
Happy thanksgiving to Ron Hira
Happy thanksgiving to Lou Dobbs
I second that.
Happy thanksgiving to ALIPAC, NumbersUSA, Fairus, Zazona, ProgrammersGuild.
Happy thanksgiving to Ron Hira
Happy thanksgiving to Lou Dobbs
I second that.
darshan1226
02-12 10:25 PM
Hello all,
Is there a law that grant green card for a person who's been in the States legally for more than 10 years?
Thanks
Is there a law that grant green card for a person who's been in the States legally for more than 10 years?
Thanks
2011 1999 Vauxhall Tigra Silver
goel_ar
12-21 10:06 AM
Keerthisagar - sent you a PM. send me your email..
Can IV core send any material prepared for lawmakers?
Can IV core send any material prepared for lawmakers?
more...
VickIowa
12-28 10:55 AM
I don't have the I-797A's I-94 which was attached to the bottom since I had to submit that in Jan 2009 when I'd visited India and come back to the US with H1-B stamping. I do have a copy of this I-797A's I-94...would giving this copy be better than not providing any at all? Thanks, Vick
sk.aggarwal
05-01 12:26 PM
It all depends on how short you are..Following are options
1. Housing loan from India: Secured loan but very high interest rate, not very difficult to get
2. Personal loan from India: Unsecured loan with very high rate. Not very sure abt this.
3. Personal loan from US: rate between 8-12%. Max amount is around 20K USD
4. Home equity line of credit: If you own a home and have equity. You should be a loan against it at very reasonable rate. and I think, it has some tax benefits also ..
5. Loan against your 401K: you can get 50% of your 401K at around 5-6%. But you will have repay if you leave your employer.
1. Housing loan from India: Secured loan but very high interest rate, not very difficult to get
2. Personal loan from India: Unsecured loan with very high rate. Not very sure abt this.
3. Personal loan from US: rate between 8-12%. Max amount is around 20K USD
4. Home equity line of credit: If you own a home and have equity. You should be a loan against it at very reasonable rate. and I think, it has some tax benefits also ..
5. Loan against your 401K: you can get 50% of your 401K at around 5-6%. But you will have repay if you leave your employer.
more...
psaxena
06-03 06:00 PM
Nothing gonna happen, USCIS will come to know that you are jobless and you will be deported the next day..
Why the heck dun you hire a lawyer or just get a 30 min consultation from any lawyer.
Stop these fake ID...I know who the hell are you. and You know me very well.
Hi All,
My company applied 485 and h1b. I am in AOS status and having EAD. My company laid off me on March and they are not revoke my h1b and 140(they may hire me back once get new job). Mean time shall i work hourly job and get around $1200 per month with same job description with using my EAD(new company will run payroll and W2). Also i am keep looking permanent full time job with my higher salary.
For the hourly job they asking to fill I-9(employment eligibility verification will inform USCIS). On that form asking my A# with EAD expiration date.
Is there a chance USCIS will know my hourly job?. My concern - this hourly job will create a problem for my GC process (chance to get REF) because rate is low
Please give me your valuable suggestion
Thanks
Why the heck dun you hire a lawyer or just get a 30 min consultation from any lawyer.
Stop these fake ID...I know who the hell are you. and You know me very well.
Hi All,
My company applied 485 and h1b. I am in AOS status and having EAD. My company laid off me on March and they are not revoke my h1b and 140(they may hire me back once get new job). Mean time shall i work hourly job and get around $1200 per month with same job description with using my EAD(new company will run payroll and W2). Also i am keep looking permanent full time job with my higher salary.
For the hourly job they asking to fill I-9(employment eligibility verification will inform USCIS). On that form asking my A# with EAD expiration date.
Is there a chance USCIS will know my hourly job?. My concern - this hourly job will create a problem for my GC process (chance to get REF) because rate is low
Please give me your valuable suggestion
Thanks
2010 Vauxhall Tigra Ice Race Car
pune_guy
08-20 06:04 PM
Hi,
Few months ago while googling about GC related stuff I came across a link, which, after going through few subsequent links, lead me to a link on the dol website from where I downloaded these databases. They are very huge (> 30 MB) so if you tell me (PM) you employer name and PD then I can look through the database and let you know the job title and code.
Thanks
Few months ago while googling about GC related stuff I came across a link, which, after going through few subsequent links, lead me to a link on the dol website from where I downloaded these databases. They are very huge (> 30 MB) so if you tell me (PM) you employer name and PD then I can look through the database and let you know the job title and code.
Thanks
more...
anai
09-22 08:51 AM
just FYI, came back via SFO and had no reentry issues.
Great. Good that you went and good to know that there were no issues.
Great. Good that you went and good to know that there were no issues.
hair Used Vauxhall Tigra 1.4i 16V
desi3933
03-27 03:51 PM
Thats not the case. USCIS will revoke employment based AOS since mariage based AOS has higher priority. ...
May I ask, where did you get this (incorrect) info from? Do you know that one can file only I-485 that is linked to I-130 as well as I-140. Read I-485 form.
________________
Not a legal advice.
May I ask, where did you get this (incorrect) info from? Do you know that one can file only I-485 that is linked to I-130 as well as I-140. Read I-485 form.
________________
Not a legal advice.
more...
sam_hoosier
02-06 04:22 PM
I have a friend...He had H1 stamped on his passpost when he was with company A..He changed job went to company B...He went to India...Got married..Got his wife's H4.. He did not go to restamping for his own visa stamp..They came back to US....This is firsthand I know....His own H1 stamp is still company A stamp...He could reenter the country..He is working for company B...
You can continue using your old H1B visa (from company A), with an I-797 from company B as long as the H1B visa is valid. Same applies for H4 visa.
But both H1 & H4 visa holders would need new approvals (I-797s).
You can continue using your old H1B visa (from company A), with an I-797 from company B as long as the H1B visa is valid. Same applies for H4 visa.
But both H1 & H4 visa holders would need new approvals (I-797s).
hot Vauxhall Tigra 1.4i 16v,
rpulipati
11-18 01:04 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=187106&postcount=2
Please let me know, which center you opened Service Request and is there any phone number, I can call USCIS.
Please let me know, which center you opened Service Request and is there any phone number, I can call USCIS.
more...
house Vauxhall Tigra Convertible
485_spouse
07-20 03:09 PM
Atleast that is one thing good in California. May be because we pay the highest state taxes in the nation next to NY. If you are living in the border areas. check with IL or IN about their feee schedule and explore if she could enroll in one of the colleges there. Most of the states in midwest grant instate tution to residents of neighbouring states who are in the neighbourhood counties. I know for sure that Indiana does. They also charge instate tution for spouses since you are a resident of the state.
The law states that you will be charged instate tution if you are a resident of the state by virtue of living in the state except in cases where you come to the state to get education. Check it again for Michigan and expore the neighbouring states as well. Best of luck.
If you wants to study to become a teacher in Illinois you need SSN and autorization to work. My wife is on H4 and not able to study/teach.
The law states that you will be charged instate tution if you are a resident of the state by virtue of living in the state except in cases where you come to the state to get education. Check it again for Michigan and expore the neighbouring states as well. Best of luck.
If you wants to study to become a teacher in Illinois you need SSN and autorization to work. My wife is on H4 and not able to study/teach.
tattoo VAUXHALL TIGRA 1.4i 16V 3dr
shana04
08-09 12:55 PM
1. How do you know that we are not approving 2004 cases? Just that you didn't got your approval doesn't mean that we are not approving 2004 cases.
2. There are not that many 2004 cases, so we are approving 2005 and 2006 cases.
3. We divided cases into 3 boxes : 2004, 2005, 2006. It must be a case that IO's assigned to 2006 are working faster and efficiently.
4. We received so many 2006 I-485 applications on 07/02/2007. We are just processing by Receive Date.
5. We made a policy to approve I-485 cases bases on I-140 approval dates. Since we have many cases with old I-140 approval cases that happened to be with earlier priority dates, we are approving them now.
6. There are so many FBI name check hits on 2004 cases. All name hits will be processed later.
7. Oops... we sorted all cases that can be approved, by descending order. Sorry!
8. Time and again we want to approve that we can do anything we want.
9. All EB2 perm cases are really frustrated EB3 cases that have an older EB3 priority dates. We just wanted to be fair to them.
10. Yikes! Dog ate all 2004 cases.
11. Ding, these 2003, 2004 and Early 2005 boxes are under these 2006 boxes that we are too lazy to pick them up.
2. There are not that many 2004 cases, so we are approving 2005 and 2006 cases.
3. We divided cases into 3 boxes : 2004, 2005, 2006. It must be a case that IO's assigned to 2006 are working faster and efficiently.
4. We received so many 2006 I-485 applications on 07/02/2007. We are just processing by Receive Date.
5. We made a policy to approve I-485 cases bases on I-140 approval dates. Since we have many cases with old I-140 approval cases that happened to be with earlier priority dates, we are approving them now.
6. There are so many FBI name check hits on 2004 cases. All name hits will be processed later.
7. Oops... we sorted all cases that can be approved, by descending order. Sorry!
8. Time and again we want to approve that we can do anything we want.
9. All EB2 perm cases are really frustrated EB3 cases that have an older EB3 priority dates. We just wanted to be fair to them.
10. Yikes! Dog ate all 2004 cases.
11. Ding, these 2003, 2004 and Early 2005 boxes are under these 2006 boxes that we are too lazy to pick them up.
more...
pictures Aug 1999; Vauxhall Tigra
Canadian_Dream
07-24 04:58 PM
I was in the same situation. My application sent on June 8, received June 11 was entered in the system in July second week while my spouse's application was entered in the system today. There seems to be some delay in processing June second week applications, this is just from my observations from various posts and following . Rest assured you will receive the receipt. I was panicked regarding my application whether it is returned or lost or denied.
When I looked at the I-485 adjudicators manual (available at USCIS website) I found out that all applications are entered in the system even if it is routed be returned back to the applicant for whatever reason. It is simply not possible to not to have an application in the system. So I guess it is matter of time before you will get the receipt. Check with USCIS customer service reps, they are very friendly. If you don't hear anything in another day or two open a service request. This was advised to me by USCIS customer service rep. It usually take 30 days to receive a response but at least you will be assured that someone is looking at it. NSC has issued a notice saying all the applications will be receipted by Aug 01, so wait till then and if you don't hear from them refile the whole thing again as a last resort.
Hope this helps. Good Luck !!!
Hi ,
Our attorney mailed our applications to NSC on 7thJune and thru USPS tracking number, we know it has reached NSC on11th June early morning. Have called NSC 5 times in last 3weeks, but every time, I am told our data is not in the system.... Our attorney is asking us to hold on for some more time, till he hears from his bank if the checks have been encashed??? But till now, no news...
Kindly let us know, if anybody who have filed at same time and have not yet received any update???
Thanks in advance!!!!
When I looked at the I-485 adjudicators manual (available at USCIS website) I found out that all applications are entered in the system even if it is routed be returned back to the applicant for whatever reason. It is simply not possible to not to have an application in the system. So I guess it is matter of time before you will get the receipt. Check with USCIS customer service reps, they are very friendly. If you don't hear anything in another day or two open a service request. This was advised to me by USCIS customer service rep. It usually take 30 days to receive a response but at least you will be assured that someone is looking at it. NSC has issued a notice saying all the applications will be receipted by Aug 01, so wait till then and if you don't hear from them refile the whole thing again as a last resort.
Hope this helps. Good Luck !!!
Hi ,
Our attorney mailed our applications to NSC on 7thJune and thru USPS tracking number, we know it has reached NSC on11th June early morning. Have called NSC 5 times in last 3weeks, but every time, I am told our data is not in the system.... Our attorney is asking us to hold on for some more time, till he hears from his bank if the checks have been encashed??? But till now, no news...
Kindly let us know, if anybody who have filed at same time and have not yet received any update???
Thanks in advance!!!!
dresses 1999(S) Vauxhall Tigra Blue
java06
03-09 11:23 AM
Is there a way to find out if the employer has revoked I-140? I have changed employers in Feb and my I1-40 was approved back in June. There was an update on my I-140 recently in Mar. I was wondering what could that be for?
Can anyone throw some light on this. Thanks
Can anyone throw some light on this. Thanks
more...
makeup Used Silver Vauxhall Tigra
saketkapur
08-18 06:40 PM
filing ar-11 is mandatory so please do it.........
also if your new job meets all the legal requirements then getting a RFE should not be an issue just a nag........
I my experience RFE is generated in one of the following 2 cases:
1. Filing AC21( I am against filing it as long its not requested by USCIS as its not mandatory and sometimes just triggers unwanted attention to your case......
2. If your 140 is revoked by the previous employer....in this case you can bet that an RFE is going to be generated for sure if not worse like NOID etc...........In this case actually filing AC 21 might be a better option......
Above is just my experience and every case is different....this is not legal advice in any way........
if you want more clarifications feel free to PM me........
but again file your AR-11 RFE or not............its mandatory.......
also if your new job meets all the legal requirements then getting a RFE should not be an issue just a nag........
I my experience RFE is generated in one of the following 2 cases:
1. Filing AC21( I am against filing it as long its not requested by USCIS as its not mandatory and sometimes just triggers unwanted attention to your case......
2. If your 140 is revoked by the previous employer....in this case you can bet that an RFE is going to be generated for sure if not worse like NOID etc...........In this case actually filing AC 21 might be a better option......
Above is just my experience and every case is different....this is not legal advice in any way........
if you want more clarifications feel free to PM me........
but again file your AR-11 RFE or not............its mandatory.......
girlfriend Used Vauxhall Tigra 1.6i 16V
immigration_law
08-24 07:08 PM
My greencard application has stuck in name checks for 3 years. I recently filed a Writ of Mandamus. Before going to court, U.S. Attorneys filed to dismiss my case, citing that the adjustment of status is discretionary and the FBI can take as long as they want to do background checks.
I am hesitating whether to go ahead with a court hearing. In addition, I am not happy with my current lawyer.
Can someone recommend a good lawyer to me? Many thanks!
YL
Hi Yingli,
I am sorry you have been stuck in the FBI name check for three long years. The fact that you have a motion to dismiss filed against you is not your lawyers fault. This is the standard operating procedure for all US Attorneys across the country.
The most important thing right now is that your attorney respond to the motion and get it denied. Once this is accomplished, your attorney can shift to offense and win the case for you.
~Justin Fok
I am hesitating whether to go ahead with a court hearing. In addition, I am not happy with my current lawyer.
Can someone recommend a good lawyer to me? Many thanks!
YL
Hi Yingli,
I am sorry you have been stuck in the FBI name check for three long years. The fact that you have a motion to dismiss filed against you is not your lawyers fault. This is the standard operating procedure for all US Attorneys across the country.
The most important thing right now is that your attorney respond to the motion and get it denied. Once this is accomplished, your attorney can shift to offense and win the case for you.
~Justin Fok
hairstyles Vauxhall Tigra Roadster
mashu
08-10 01:58 PM
I was in the RFE situation as well when I140 Premium (EB3) has been filed.
They asked tax returns of my company for last 2 years. The only thing I want to add to previuos posts, that your lawyer should hurry up with an answer - I remember that in my case i 72 hours to respond have been given. After receiving additional docs, they approved it in 1 or 2 days.
They asked tax returns of my company for last 2 years. The only thing I want to add to previuos posts, that your lawyer should hurry up with an answer - I remember that in my case i 72 hours to respond have been given. After receiving additional docs, they approved it in 1 or 2 days.
HarishM
09-21 04:06 PM
Hello,
I'm Harish. I've finished my masters in usa and working on H1-B. I applied for GC this year. Right now at 1-140 filing stage. I think I-140 should be approved in a few months. After that how long should I wait to apply for I-485?
I want to change my employer. I believe you can do that 180 days after u file for I-485. So can any1 give me an approx time when I should be able to file I-485.
With all this retrogression its really confusing and frustating to understand...
I appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Harish.
I'm Harish. I've finished my masters in usa and working on H1-B. I applied for GC this year. Right now at 1-140 filing stage. I think I-140 should be approved in a few months. After that how long should I wait to apply for I-485?
I want to change my employer. I believe you can do that 180 days after u file for I-485. So can any1 give me an approx time when I should be able to file I-485.
With all this retrogression its really confusing and frustating to understand...
I appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Harish.
Ramba
05-19 02:31 PM
I 140 : approved last month
I 485 : July 07 filer passed 180 days
GC Process : Substition Labor / Future employment
The future employer is threatening to withdraw the I 140 if I dont comply with his financial terms.
I heard that if I 140 is approved and 485 is pending for 180 days, even if the employer withdraws I140 , there isn't much we need to worry. Is this true. currently on h1 which is expiring next month 6th. To convert to EAD do I need to do anything specific and send an update to USCIS?
Your case is tricky. AC21 may not protect you. First, your case is subsitution labor. That itself a negative factor. Second, your GC is for a future job. This means, you have not worked with sponser during non-immigrant status. As well as, you do not have intension to work for the sponsor after getting GC, as you have intension to invoke AC21. GC is for good faith intension in both parties(employer and employee) to have emplyment relationship after employee gets GC. As you have not worked for the sponser at any point of time, it is very difficult to prove that you have "good faith intension", if your employer withdraws the 140. It is not the AC21 issue, it is mostly the intension issue.
Also you mentioned that there is a financial issue. If your employer is not able to pay the salary for your position as per 140, then it is a geneune reason for him to withdraw. Then the 140 may become a misrepesentation. On the other hand, if employer willing to pay the 140 salary and if you are not accepting, then it clearly establishes that you have no intension of working for him at that salary. So, in this case AC21 will not applicable.
I 485 : July 07 filer passed 180 days
GC Process : Substition Labor / Future employment
The future employer is threatening to withdraw the I 140 if I dont comply with his financial terms.
I heard that if I 140 is approved and 485 is pending for 180 days, even if the employer withdraws I140 , there isn't much we need to worry. Is this true. currently on h1 which is expiring next month 6th. To convert to EAD do I need to do anything specific and send an update to USCIS?
Your case is tricky. AC21 may not protect you. First, your case is subsitution labor. That itself a negative factor. Second, your GC is for a future job. This means, you have not worked with sponser during non-immigrant status. As well as, you do not have intension to work for the sponsor after getting GC, as you have intension to invoke AC21. GC is for good faith intension in both parties(employer and employee) to have emplyment relationship after employee gets GC. As you have not worked for the sponser at any point of time, it is very difficult to prove that you have "good faith intension", if your employer withdraws the 140. It is not the AC21 issue, it is mostly the intension issue.
Also you mentioned that there is a financial issue. If your employer is not able to pay the salary for your position as per 140, then it is a geneune reason for him to withdraw. Then the 140 may become a misrepesentation. On the other hand, if employer willing to pay the 140 salary and if you are not accepting, then it clearly establishes that you have no intension of working for him at that salary. So, in this case AC21 will not applicable.

No comments:
Post a Comment