pappu
10-17 07:42 AM
Friends,
I'm in a position where I have to file for I-140 again. In short, my company was purchased and I had to refile I-140 under the new company's name. Since the new company does not pay for Premium processing, I'll have to shell out the Premium processing fee from my pocket.
I need your honest opinion as to whether I must file with premium or regular? My PD: is June 2007.
I appreciate all your comments!
Do you absolutely need to file a new I140?
Have you sought other outside legal opinions on this matter?
I'm in a position where I have to file for I-140 again. In short, my company was purchased and I had to refile I-140 under the new company's name. Since the new company does not pay for Premium processing, I'll have to shell out the Premium processing fee from my pocket.
I need your honest opinion as to whether I must file with premium or regular? My PD: is June 2007.
I appreciate all your comments!
Do you absolutely need to file a new I140?
Have you sought other outside legal opinions on this matter?
wallpaper Mercedes-Benz GL-Class: Diesel
Boney
January 27th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Can somebody tell me which is the best DSLR as of today (27/01/2006) For around 1000 dollars
seekerofpeace
09-05 06:19 PM
Inskrish,
Do I need to take separate appointments for my wife....I mean can I take one appointment on one Receipt # and check the status of hers too at infopass? On telephone call they always ask for the applicant when checking the status.
I'll take an infopass then...did u call us the customer service before the infopass...I am sure they'd have told you that your dependents are approved...I am sure infopass agent see the same screen as the customer reps at the Nat serv centers.
Thanks,
SoP
Do I need to take separate appointments for my wife....I mean can I take one appointment on one Receipt # and check the status of hers too at infopass? On telephone call they always ask for the applicant when checking the status.
I'll take an infopass then...did u call us the customer service before the infopass...I am sure they'd have told you that your dependents are approved...I am sure infopass agent see the same screen as the customer reps at the Nat serv centers.
Thanks,
SoP
2011 2011 Mercedes Benz GL Class
kevinkris
03-05 02:20 PM
They will apply for H1 again in 2010, but good news is you will not be in 65k cap.
They can apply anytime and get a fresh H1.
That i what i think.
They can apply anytime and get a fresh H1.
That i what i think.
more...
aristotle
03-09 04:28 AM
She is a derivate on my pending AOS, has a valid EAD/AP. She used to work on H1 and stopped work sometime ago. Does she need to do anything/is she automatically considered to be in AoS status?
just_waiting
10-17 04:08 PM
Thanks SmartBoy. I agree, I should have looked around. My I-140 is approved so I assume I shouldn't have any problem. Thanks again.
more...
bo12b
11-22 05:13 PM
Hello all,
My 6 year H1B is ending on May 21, 2009. I am eligible to file for a 3 year extension since my 140 is approved and I485 has been filed in Aug 2007. However, my current job situation is pretty shaky and I could be laid off anytime. I have an EAD but would like to continue my H1 because my priority date is Jan 2007 (EB3 India)...i.e. a long GC wait. I have been told by my current employer's attorney that I can start the process of extension 6 months prior to current H1B expiring.
But given my job situation, I was thinking of looking for employment with another employer as soon as possible. Will the new employer be able to file for my H1 transfer AND H1 extension at the same time?
OR
Will they have to file for a transfer first (valid from date of switching to May 21, 2009), then wait for approval and then file for the 3 year extension??
I tried looking around for my question but could not find good thread for answer. Please let me know your views and/or point me to a good source for this information.
Thanks
Bo12b
My 6 year H1B is ending on May 21, 2009. I am eligible to file for a 3 year extension since my 140 is approved and I485 has been filed in Aug 2007. However, my current job situation is pretty shaky and I could be laid off anytime. I have an EAD but would like to continue my H1 because my priority date is Jan 2007 (EB3 India)...i.e. a long GC wait. I have been told by my current employer's attorney that I can start the process of extension 6 months prior to current H1B expiring.
But given my job situation, I was thinking of looking for employment with another employer as soon as possible. Will the new employer be able to file for my H1 transfer AND H1 extension at the same time?
OR
Will they have to file for a transfer first (valid from date of switching to May 21, 2009), then wait for approval and then file for the 3 year extension??
I tried looking around for my question but could not find good thread for answer. Please let me know your views and/or point me to a good source for this information.
Thanks
Bo12b
2010 The GL
hebron
03-26 02:37 PM
I agree. Could we include location also in this poll. Salary & Location.
more...
smartboy75
07-17 07:13 PM
Just a thought..if your lawyer has all the papers...he should also have your Medical examination report.....If you decide to file on your own where are you going to get the medical examination enveloe from ??? Hope u have thought about it
hair The Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
dummgelauft
01-25 06:23 PM
You are obviously very very new to this, aren't you...
No, they are not working overtime.
No, they are not working overtime.
more...
immitul
10-27 04:54 PM
So u are saying if she uses her EAD/ AP then my H1b is no longer valid? BTW she got her h1b visa in the lottery earlier this year.
Spouse using EAD, has no affect on your H1.
My wife has H1B and she got EAD now. She plans to use her EAD soon, so H1 status gets automatically canned.
Spouse using EAD, has no affect on your H1.
My wife has H1B and she got EAD now. She plans to use her EAD soon, so H1 status gets automatically canned.
hot of the GL-Class boasting
rangaswamy
02-26 07:17 PM
She could pursue Masters on H4 visa as well. It has its own merits and disadvantages. Advantages are she would be eligible to in-state tution waiver(Which is significant) and could complete the program at her own pace. Disadvantage is that she would NOT be eligible for any scholorship and can not work while on H4.
I think F1 has more advantages unless you have 485 filed (in which case i dont know what happens!)
As an F1 student, you can work on campus, this will ensure an SSN/credit history etc etc.
Most important, she can accept scholarship and internship offers through the course.
The path to getting a h1b visa becomes easier as the masters students have a separate quota and also one year OPT.
I think tution waiver will only apply if she has been independent in the last 365 days which she is not if she is on h4 visa.
Also, some senior members informed me that you can change from H4 to F1 by applying for I 539, which the school would assist you in doing. In this case i think stamping is not necessary unless you leave the country.
DISCLAIMER: all of the above information is based on other posts and some articles outside IV.
I think F1 has more advantages unless you have 485 filed (in which case i dont know what happens!)
As an F1 student, you can work on campus, this will ensure an SSN/credit history etc etc.
Most important, she can accept scholarship and internship offers through the course.
The path to getting a h1b visa becomes easier as the masters students have a separate quota and also one year OPT.
I think tution waiver will only apply if she has been independent in the last 365 days which she is not if she is on h4 visa.
Also, some senior members informed me that you can change from H4 to F1 by applying for I 539, which the school would assist you in doing. In this case i think stamping is not necessary unless you leave the country.
DISCLAIMER: all of the above information is based on other posts and some articles outside IV.
more...
house Mercedes Benz GL Class Grand
Anders �stberg
July 14th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Lots of spam lately... scum of the Internet, I wish there was some suitable punishment.
tattoo Mercedes GL-Class
upuaut
08-16 05:30 AM
hmm.. thought I was just discribing that. ;) Guess I didn't discribe what I was talking about in enough detail.
the dial was produced using that method.
Personaly I've never lost any quality doing that.. but then again, I sometimes have smoothing turned off and sometimes on. I think that relates to how imported images look in the final production.
the dial was produced using that method.
Personaly I've never lost any quality doing that.. but then again, I sometimes have smoothing turned off and sometimes on. I think that relates to how imported images look in the final production.
more...
pictures Mercedes Benz GL Class Grand
bbct
03-14 05:15 PM
Which service center did you file your I-485 and how come your I-485 was denied by a local USCIS officer? Are you were called for an interview?
Please help! My I-485 was denied by a local USCIS officer because of visa availability. My case is EB2 PERM based and I filed I-485 in July 2007 when the visa number was available.
Apparently USCIS made a mistake if they have any knowledge of the wellknown visa bulletin fiasco of July 2007 (Visa bulletiin No. 107). What should I do to correct this? If I file a motion to reopen (MTR), it will cost me $1500 legal fee+$585 filing fee. Any suggestions are really appreciated.
Here is what it said:" At the time you filed your I-485, the Visa Bulletin of the Department of State provided that the employment based visas were unavailable for persons in your category. Section 245.2 of title 8 of the Code of Regulations (CFR) states, in part:'an immigration visa must be immediately available in order for an alien to properly file an adjustment application under section 245 of the Act," ...
Please help! My I-485 was denied by a local USCIS officer because of visa availability. My case is EB2 PERM based and I filed I-485 in July 2007 when the visa number was available.
Apparently USCIS made a mistake if they have any knowledge of the wellknown visa bulletin fiasco of July 2007 (Visa bulletiin No. 107). What should I do to correct this? If I file a motion to reopen (MTR), it will cost me $1500 legal fee+$585 filing fee. Any suggestions are really appreciated.
Here is what it said:" At the time you filed your I-485, the Visa Bulletin of the Department of State provided that the employment based visas were unavailable for persons in your category. Section 245.2 of title 8 of the Code of Regulations (CFR) states, in part:'an immigration visa must be immediately available in order for an alien to properly file an adjustment application under section 245 of the Act," ...
dresses 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
purgan
04-26 02:52 PM
vikki76 may have gone a little overboard with the salary statement, but the rest is true....there is simply more information stored in govt databases for a foreign national, hence more rigorous screening is possible
more...
makeup 2009 kicherer mercedes benz gl
joydiptac
02-15 03:17 PM
Even I was thinking in these lines. :D Just a few days back I figured that Hyderabad used to be a country even after Indian independence. Even though I am from a different state, I was thinking that people from the former state of Hyderabad should be able to get their own 7% quota. (Hyderabad State - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyderabad_State))
From what I can tell a good % of Indians in the US come from this state. :D
Should help a lot of people huh? (and reduce the line in front of me how selfless of me) :D
But your finding on dependency is even better I guess we can add Kashmir and Hyderabad state to it too. :D
If not ever a reality it makes up for a good joke. :D
From what I can tell a good % of Indians in the US come from this state. :D
Should help a lot of people huh? (and reduce the line in front of me how selfless of me) :D
But your finding on dependency is even better I guess we can add Kashmir and Hyderabad state to it too. :D
If not ever a reality it makes up for a good joke. :D
girlfriend bigger GL-Class (not to be
coopheal
12-17 03:30 PM
Dates were current till 2005. USCIS and its previous incarnation didn't even finish cases from 2001. Even in 2007 all blow out sale they didnt complete older cases. Also all along they kept on wasting visa as well.
Ideally these would be considered as severe circumstances and USCIS/Congress/Administration would work on getting us some relief because we would make such huge noice for this.
Oh wait.... we are highly skilled GC aspirants.... we won't contribute and won't participate in various IV efforts. We would rather come over here blame core for our situation.
Ideally these would be considered as severe circumstances and USCIS/Congress/Administration would work on getting us some relief because we would make such huge noice for this.
Oh wait.... we are highly skilled GC aspirants.... we won't contribute and won't participate in various IV efforts. We would rather come over here blame core for our situation.
hairstyles Mercedes Benz GL Class
newuser
06-23 09:20 AM
Are you sure you have to submit the tax forms for filing I-485?
Hi,
I wanted to know how critical are the tax returns for GC processing. I am asking this because i have filed the tax returns for 2006 as married even though i got married in January'07.
Now my marriage certificate reflects jan'07 and the tax return for 2006 was filed as joint.
Will this be of issue in the processing? Is there a way out from this, like readjust the tax returns?
Any help in this regard with be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Hi,
I wanted to know how critical are the tax returns for GC processing. I am asking this because i have filed the tax returns for 2006 as married even though i got married in January'07.
Now my marriage certificate reflects jan'07 and the tax return for 2006 was filed as joint.
Will this be of issue in the processing? Is there a way out from this, like readjust the tax returns?
Any help in this regard with be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
gg_ny
09-24 08:54 PM
I know this is not the original question asked, but I have heard that bad driving record surely does affect your green card processing!
Any criminal activity that pertains to driving would show up but the screening excludes traffic violations (parking, speeding, lane rule breaking, and other moving violations). In some states repeated rule breaking leads to criminal record, may be you have heard in that context. DUI, hit and run, not stopping for accidents, damage to public or private property and not reporting it etc. are also bad driving practices (if one survive any of them ;-)) and might lead to
criminal records and get flagged.
Any criminal activity that pertains to driving would show up but the screening excludes traffic violations (parking, speeding, lane rule breaking, and other moving violations). In some states repeated rule breaking leads to criminal record, may be you have heard in that context. DUI, hit and run, not stopping for accidents, damage to public or private property and not reporting it etc. are also bad driving practices (if one survive any of them ;-)) and might lead to
criminal records and get flagged.
bbenhill
10-06 08:29 PM
^^^^

No comments:
Post a Comment