nashim
01-29 11:54 AM
Suppose one lost job after 180 days of I485 filing with I-140 approval, s/he can stay unemployed for long period (say 1 year) and when USCIS is ready to adjudicate the case or any RFE, USCIS may ask for employment status.
My question is, Do we need to have just a job offer letter with same/ similar job description or we need to have job offer letter and current pay stuff from new employer?
thanks
My question is, Do we need to have just a job offer letter with same/ similar job description or we need to have job offer letter and current pay stuff from new employer?
thanks
wallpaper Chef cooking color page
kghoshal
10-05 01:43 AM
My dear friends how can I register/login in order to schedule
appointment. What is BEP? How can I create User ID?
appointment. What is BEP? How can I create User ID?
saro28
10-13 07:53 PM
I am in the same boat. Received EAD/AP but no FP notice yet. Case is pending in TSC where as EAD/AP are from CSC.
2011 Cooking With Chef Walter. Food
slc_ut
04-30 02:26 AM
Is depositing this amount into my NRO account a better option?, if i do not want to bring this money to US. Say, deposit this money into my NRO account, then invest in Indian mutual funds from this NRO account. What are the disadvantages (related to taxes) of investing in Indian mutual funds using funds in NRO account (when compared to NRE account). Please share your experiences.
slc_ut
Hi,
What is the best way for an NRI to transfer money from India(rupees) to US bank account(dollars). I'll get some money (about 2 lakh rupees) from LIC money back policy. I have an NRE account but my parents cannot deposit this amount in rupees in India into this account, because only dollars can be deposited into NRE account. I will appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks,
slc_ut
slc_ut
Hi,
What is the best way for an NRI to transfer money from India(rupees) to US bank account(dollars). I'll get some money (about 2 lakh rupees) from LIC money back policy. I have an NRE account but my parents cannot deposit this amount in rupees in India into this account, because only dollars can be deposited into NRE account. I will appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks,
slc_ut
more...
StarSun
10-25 10:00 AM
Thanks redds777 and rayoflight for organizing this event.
IV members please contact me/state chapter leaders regarding lawmaker meetings.... and also submit your feedback of the meeting to Advocacy Feedback (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=98&Itemid=132)
IV members please contact me/state chapter leaders regarding lawmaker meetings.... and also submit your feedback of the meeting to Advocacy Feedback (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=98&Itemid=132)
greencard_aspirant
03-30 10:11 PM
Gurus,
Please help me. I need some advice from you guys. Currently, I am staying in US on H4 visa and recently I got admission in one of the US universities with full funding and so I want to convert my visa status from H4 to F1. Now regarding this I have the following questions:
1. It seems that visa COS from H4 to F1 takes anywhere from 2 months to 6 months, so my chances are 50/50 of getting it approved for Fall 2008. So, is it advisable to seek an F1 visa from India?
2. If I go to India and try to get F1 visa from there, what are my chances of approval considering that my husband is working in US on H1B visa (potential immigrant and all) as he also came on F1 visa and now working here (we have not filed for green card yet).
3. In case my F1 visa got denied in India, can I come back to US on my existing H4 visa and then apply for COS from here or will they revoke my H4 visa in India?
Your timely response is much appreciated.
Thanks.
Please help me. I need some advice from you guys. Currently, I am staying in US on H4 visa and recently I got admission in one of the US universities with full funding and so I want to convert my visa status from H4 to F1. Now regarding this I have the following questions:
1. It seems that visa COS from H4 to F1 takes anywhere from 2 months to 6 months, so my chances are 50/50 of getting it approved for Fall 2008. So, is it advisable to seek an F1 visa from India?
2. If I go to India and try to get F1 visa from there, what are my chances of approval considering that my husband is working in US on H1B visa (potential immigrant and all) as he also came on F1 visa and now working here (we have not filed for green card yet).
3. In case my F1 visa got denied in India, can I come back to US on my existing H4 visa and then apply for COS from here or will they revoke my H4 visa in India?
Your timely response is much appreciated.
Thanks.
more...
bbenhill
04-28 05:22 PM
Hi, For erptips.com what is the cost for the training ?
Thx
Functional or Technical or Basis? I think you at least need to specify that.
Did you try SAP America Education?
http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/overview/index.epx
SAP training from SAP is undoubtedly the best. This is based on my experience.
If you go for someone else, then go for someone that can provide you a SAP client logon access for practice for few months after the training.
Also try, http://www.erptips.com/
One word of caution, A good training followed by extensive hands-on is needed for someone to be productive in a SAP project.
-GCisaDawg
Thx
Functional or Technical or Basis? I think you at least need to specify that.
Did you try SAP America Education?
http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/overview/index.epx
SAP training from SAP is undoubtedly the best. This is based on my experience.
If you go for someone else, then go for someone that can provide you a SAP client logon access for practice for few months after the training.
Also try, http://www.erptips.com/
One word of caution, A good training followed by extensive hands-on is needed for someone to be productive in a SAP project.
-GCisaDawg
2010 food cooking videos, chef
ArkBird
03-19 03:33 PM
All I am asking for is use the first entry date in USA on H1B as PD since H1B is dual-intent visa. All the processes remains same...
H1-B is a non-immigrant visa. While issueing H1-B the labor verification is to make sure the employee is not underpaid. The reason behind it is to make sure a foreign employee is not hired for cheap labor.
Labor for Green Card is to make sure there is no qualified citizen or green card holder willing to take the job.
I do not think we can mix these up.
H1-B is a non-immigrant visa. While issueing H1-B the labor verification is to make sure the employee is not underpaid. The reason behind it is to make sure a foreign employee is not hired for cheap labor.
Labor for Green Card is to make sure there is no qualified citizen or green card holder willing to take the job.
I do not think we can mix these up.
more...
KanME
10-25 06:57 PM
bump
hair Chef cooking food in frying
msr999
07-17 07:01 PM
I understand that the person should be in USA. That is the reason I am exploring the possibility of not filing I-485 now. My worry is do I have to wait until everybody who apply now get their greencard (which could mean many years before my priority date become current).
more...
waitnwatch
05-24 11:48 PM
sent
hot Cooking/Food
tnite
11-20 11:11 AM
Hi everyone,
My employer is a small consulting agency approx 50-75 consultants. I received information that they have been chosen for a DOL audit- I am not aware of any more details other than that.
I am EB2 India July 2nd filer and I already have received my EAD, AP and am done with my FP.I want to know if this can have any adverse impact on my GC process.
I plan to use AC21 to move into a bigger org after Jan. Please let me know in case you have any info on the above. Also once I use AC21 and move to a diff org does my GC process have anything to do with my current employer?
Would definitely appreciate answers to the above..
Couple of my friends have had their firm audited.One of these things might happen:
1.Receive a phone call and ask about your salary,duration, whether you're getting paid on time and all those stuff
2.receive a letter with the above mentioned questions and you will have to answer them and mail it back
My employer is a small consulting agency approx 50-75 consultants. I received information that they have been chosen for a DOL audit- I am not aware of any more details other than that.
I am EB2 India July 2nd filer and I already have received my EAD, AP and am done with my FP.I want to know if this can have any adverse impact on my GC process.
I plan to use AC21 to move into a bigger org after Jan. Please let me know in case you have any info on the above. Also once I use AC21 and move to a diff org does my GC process have anything to do with my current employer?
Would definitely appreciate answers to the above..
Couple of my friends have had their firm audited.One of these things might happen:
1.Receive a phone call and ask about your salary,duration, whether you're getting paid on time and all those stuff
2.receive a letter with the above mentioned questions and you will have to answer them and mail it back
more...
house chef cooking oriental food
hariswaminathan
09-29 10:18 PM
Any employer can order for employment verification record from 3rd party agency. Your current employment info will show up and since they have all the info about you (including SSN) its a breeze to pull this info.
Also - You are right that one can sue for no reason. In fact most employers sue just to bankrupt and stress out former employees just for revenge. The people with the deepest pockets usually win. You will never be able to last out the legal fees etc as an individual and that is the intention - eventually you may have a case to have it thrown out of court or win the defence - but would you be willing to last out 3 years of fees and headache ?
Check if your current contract has the word "indirectly" written in it. If not then you may be able to work some 3rd party angle for a temporary period with your prospective employer.
If you have an EAD handy you might want to look at 1099 contracting to your prospect (check if legal with Immigration lawyer) so you show up in the system as self employed.
Sorry i cant be of more help - but these are the facts as i see them
Guys,
My situation is more common, but i have couple of odd questions....
A --> B (Vendor ) --> C (End client)
A is my current H1 holder, with whom i signed non-compete agreement.
End client, c is interested in hiring me. I am also interested. But i told C about non-compete. So, C talked to A for H1 transfer but he is not agreeing for that (even for monetary compensation). But, B is ok with H1 transfer.
So,
1) If i quit my current employer, A. and join C. How will "A" know that i actually broke the contract. Please note that there are no other teams or colleague working for C from A.
2) Will it be possible for my consultant, A to sue me by assuming that i joined C, without any basis or evidence.
3) What if i joined different company D (for 6 months as a bridge company) and come back to C. Can, A, still sue me at random times with out any supporting documents or evidence?
When i looked at net, i found one can sue anybody at anytime.
So, Does that mean A can sue me at any time after my employment with them? or there should be reasonable evidence or document required to file a law suit against someone.
And also, Is there any way an employer can find where his ex-employee is working, Like getting the court order to asking me to submit my latest pay stub or my current offer letter?
I have seen lot of posts where people discussed about their ex-employer came to know about the "breaking the non-compete contract".
But, Can someone please explain how the ex-employer found that or can find that info?
Thanks
Sridar
Also - You are right that one can sue for no reason. In fact most employers sue just to bankrupt and stress out former employees just for revenge. The people with the deepest pockets usually win. You will never be able to last out the legal fees etc as an individual and that is the intention - eventually you may have a case to have it thrown out of court or win the defence - but would you be willing to last out 3 years of fees and headache ?
Check if your current contract has the word "indirectly" written in it. If not then you may be able to work some 3rd party angle for a temporary period with your prospective employer.
If you have an EAD handy you might want to look at 1099 contracting to your prospect (check if legal with Immigration lawyer) so you show up in the system as self employed.
Sorry i cant be of more help - but these are the facts as i see them
Guys,
My situation is more common, but i have couple of odd questions....
A --> B (Vendor ) --> C (End client)
A is my current H1 holder, with whom i signed non-compete agreement.
End client, c is interested in hiring me. I am also interested. But i told C about non-compete. So, C talked to A for H1 transfer but he is not agreeing for that (even for monetary compensation). But, B is ok with H1 transfer.
So,
1) If i quit my current employer, A. and join C. How will "A" know that i actually broke the contract. Please note that there are no other teams or colleague working for C from A.
2) Will it be possible for my consultant, A to sue me by assuming that i joined C, without any basis or evidence.
3) What if i joined different company D (for 6 months as a bridge company) and come back to C. Can, A, still sue me at random times with out any supporting documents or evidence?
When i looked at net, i found one can sue anybody at anytime.
So, Does that mean A can sue me at any time after my employment with them? or there should be reasonable evidence or document required to file a law suit against someone.
And also, Is there any way an employer can find where his ex-employee is working, Like getting the court order to asking me to submit my latest pay stub or my current offer letter?
I have seen lot of posts where people discussed about their ex-employer came to know about the "breaking the non-compete contract".
But, Can someone please explain how the ex-employer found that or can find that info?
Thanks
Sridar
tattoo Related topics: cooks, chefs,
mukraw6
08-21 01:27 PM
Hi,
In your case, based on my knowledge, you dont need to worry at all. Even if the other employer has filed a H1 transfer, and even if it gets approved, it will become actually valid or useful when she starts working with that consulting company and use that H1b. One can have multiple approvals of H1B and work based only on one H1B. For example she is working with Company A and company B gets approval for h1b transfer. That h1b or 797 will be of use when she joins company B and starts working and get pay through company B. She can join company B anytime she wants and it has nothing to do with Oct month as such. Month of Oct works for a new and fresh and first H1b. During your status on H1b and if it gets transferred at any time during the year, you can join the other company upon transfer approval.
Also, if she does not want to join company B right after the approval of H1b transfer, she can join in future before the transferred approval expires.Hope this helps. The transferred approval of H1b has nothing to do with the AOS filed as she is the derivative or dependant beneficiary. Even though she is working on h1B or if she was a housewife.
Thanks
In your case, based on my knowledge, you dont need to worry at all. Even if the other employer has filed a H1 transfer, and even if it gets approved, it will become actually valid or useful when she starts working with that consulting company and use that H1b. One can have multiple approvals of H1B and work based only on one H1B. For example she is working with Company A and company B gets approval for h1b transfer. That h1b or 797 will be of use when she joins company B and starts working and get pay through company B. She can join company B anytime she wants and it has nothing to do with Oct month as such. Month of Oct works for a new and fresh and first H1b. During your status on H1b and if it gets transferred at any time during the year, you can join the other company upon transfer approval.
Also, if she does not want to join company B right after the approval of H1b transfer, she can join in future before the transferred approval expires.Hope this helps. The transferred approval of H1b has nothing to do with the AOS filed as she is the derivative or dependant beneficiary. Even though she is working on h1B or if she was a housewife.
Thanks
more...
pictures Female chef cooking food in
gottagc
06-08 12:33 AM
well said satishku_2000
brad_sk
where in the world are you from!!!. When did you come to the US dude?. Do you know that atleast. If you feel that IV is not a place and you didn't get what you wanted - go to hell.
Read the complete S1348, and digest like how others have digested and come back
You needs to be spending your sad moments with Reid instead
:D :D :D :D :D :D
brad_sk
where in the world are you from!!!. When did you come to the US dude?. Do you know that atleast. If you feel that IV is not a place and you didn't get what you wanted - go to hell.
Read the complete S1348, and digest like how others have digested and come back
You needs to be spending your sad moments with Reid instead
:D :D :D :D :D :D
dresses food cooking, chef teach
kate123
06-01 04:24 PM
Count me IN
more...
makeup Our Chefs do not have to push
GCard_Dream
09-19 11:30 AM
I really appreciate you taking the time to give us a quick update. I know you guys have full time job as well as IV responsibility and may not be able to update us all the time but just a occasional assurance that you guys are aware of the new developments on the capital hill and doing what you can goes a long way for members in this forum. As frustrated as we all are with this whole situation, I and others in this forum might get carried away sometimes and let some steam out but despite that we all have placed our full faith in you guys and I am sure you know that. Let's keep up the good work.
I think if we can only get "Ability to file I-485 regardless of the priority date" prior to this election then I think we all be happy for now. This is probably the single most problem we all face today. No visa number increase, no H1 increase, ... nothing.. just let us file I-485. Does everyone agree?
Please understand the first and foremost, this is a security bill. The only reason this bill is introduced is to convince the voters that GOP is serious about National Security and hope that voters bring them back. This is NOT a comprehensive bill.
Also, we are working on this behind the scenes. Right now, the situation is very fluid. It all depends upon how the two parties play out in the senate (can't reveal much details here).
Believe us, the core team wants the amendments to go in to the bill as much as you do. We are individuals stuck in this mess ourselves and can understand everyone's frustrations.
The problem we are facing with attaching any amendments to the bill is if the powers-that-be include one amendment for us, the lobby for the undocumented will be up against it in arms to have one amendment of theirs introduced. Then the healthworkers (which btw is a very very powerful group) will want one of their issue taken up...and the list goes on. Then the democrats would oppose this piece-meal approach and ask for an actual comprehensive legislation.
GOP does not want to get into something like this as it will show them in poor light again (incapable of passing any legislation).
So please understand the practical difficulties we are facing but rest assured we will try our best.
I think if we can only get "Ability to file I-485 regardless of the priority date" prior to this election then I think we all be happy for now. This is probably the single most problem we all face today. No visa number increase, no H1 increase, ... nothing.. just let us file I-485. Does everyone agree?
Please understand the first and foremost, this is a security bill. The only reason this bill is introduced is to convince the voters that GOP is serious about National Security and hope that voters bring them back. This is NOT a comprehensive bill.
Also, we are working on this behind the scenes. Right now, the situation is very fluid. It all depends upon how the two parties play out in the senate (can't reveal much details here).
Believe us, the core team wants the amendments to go in to the bill as much as you do. We are individuals stuck in this mess ourselves and can understand everyone's frustrations.
The problem we are facing with attaching any amendments to the bill is if the powers-that-be include one amendment for us, the lobby for the undocumented will be up against it in arms to have one amendment of theirs introduced. Then the healthworkers (which btw is a very very powerful group) will want one of their issue taken up...and the list goes on. Then the democrats would oppose this piece-meal approach and ask for an actual comprehensive legislation.
GOP does not want to get into something like this as it will show them in poor light again (incapable of passing any legislation).
So please understand the practical difficulties we are facing but rest assured we will try our best.
girlfriend Chef, cooking,
deziliu
03-27 01:31 AM
I filed my wife H-4 extension with me, does that means she must go with me? or I can go first, once get visa stamp, come back, then she goes.
I still don't understand why H-1 & H-4 extension approved without new I-94 attached. What was the reason INS wants to do so?
Any new suggestion?
I still don't understand why H-1 & H-4 extension approved without new I-94 attached. What was the reason INS wants to do so?
Any new suggestion?
hairstyles Tags: chef, cooking, food,
kishdam
02-21 02:33 PM
Good idea.
I am actively looking for a lawyer (have a job offer to start from mar 10th) and talked to a few and was thinking of signing retainer agreement with one. The price quoted was $750 for representing me (G-28 or somethign similar form to change representation from current company lawyer to this lawyer) and sending AC21 letter to USCIS. Was mentioned that they will inform me immediately if/when an RFE comes and if its a minor (supplying EVL/minor document) they may not charge any more but if it require more work will charge per hour. So far I was thinking going with this firm but can join this group - it feels better to go with a lawyer where other people in similar situation are also there.
I am actively looking for a lawyer (have a job offer to start from mar 10th) and talked to a few and was thinking of signing retainer agreement with one. The price quoted was $750 for representing me (G-28 or somethign similar form to change representation from current company lawyer to this lawyer) and sending AC21 letter to USCIS. Was mentioned that they will inform me immediately if/when an RFE comes and if its a minor (supplying EVL/minor document) they may not charge any more but if it require more work will charge per hour. So far I was thinking going with this firm but can join this group - it feels better to go with a lawyer where other people in similar situation are also there.
thomachan72
04-14 04:44 PM
My condolences to the family. My question is that whether GC is considered similar to a temporary visa like H1b. I know H4 is completely dependent on H1b, but never thought that once a person is granted GC, whether it is by marrying an american citizen or being a spouse of an employment based applicant, that it can be revoked just because the primary applicant died. I always thought GC indicates allowing permanent residency status to any person holding it. People with GC please reading this please confirm whether your spouse/children's GC have any thing written on that saying it is dependent on the primary applicant. All of this somehow does not make any sense at all. This person has worked and contributed to this country for God knows how many years and his surviving wife and kid (an US citizen by birth) have to undergo such pain?? Please contact the senator in that locality and see what they have to say about this.
ingegarcia
06-12 11:13 AM
So at the end even you are unawar of any error/mistake of if it is someone else's mistake, you are to be blamed. :D
I find this very comfortable from the USCIS, Employer, lawyer side.:confused:
hi Diptam,
USCIS, attorneys , employers may commit mistakes but as a consequence you will be affected (most employers, attorneys make mistakes and then gloss over to buy time as it suits them).
USCIS makes mistakes all the time but can ammend approvals as and when they are discovered. If this discovery happens some time in the future, and if it is determined that you are out of status, then all these years of struggle will be on the line. It is highly recommended to get the error corrected.
ultimately, it's your .... (you know the anatomy),. USCIS, attorneys , employers might express regret but once you are out of status it will be difficult to defend your case if not impossible. rats leave sinking ship in a jiffy.
like the old saying .... 'don't aspire for what you do not deserve ...',
being honest here ultimately would benefit you by atleast not harming your case , with this situation.:D
my above words are in good spirit.
Thanks .
I find this very comfortable from the USCIS, Employer, lawyer side.:confused:
hi Diptam,
USCIS, attorneys , employers may commit mistakes but as a consequence you will be affected (most employers, attorneys make mistakes and then gloss over to buy time as it suits them).
USCIS makes mistakes all the time but can ammend approvals as and when they are discovered. If this discovery happens some time in the future, and if it is determined that you are out of status, then all these years of struggle will be on the line. It is highly recommended to get the error corrected.
ultimately, it's your .... (you know the anatomy),. USCIS, attorneys , employers might express regret but once you are out of status it will be difficult to defend your case if not impossible. rats leave sinking ship in a jiffy.
like the old saying .... 'don't aspire for what you do not deserve ...',
being honest here ultimately would benefit you by atleast not harming your case , with this situation.:D
my above words are in good spirit.
Thanks .

No comments:
Post a Comment