shana04
02-01 10:42 AM
Friends / Gurus,
I had made decisions but would like to get second opinion from Gurus who are on the same boat like me. And I am not able to discuss with people close to me who are not in the same situation.
I know either Pappu or Logiclife suggested that it is alwasy better to have your own attorney instead of having employers attorney.
My situation:
This is a desi company and attorney is employers attorney, never been good to me, does not reply on time, does not respond properly on phone, infact does not give the respect that one desrves (as he thinks that he is talking to another desi)
Working for Employer A and he applied for labor, I 140 and he paid for it.
Then July 2007 came in and applied for 485 with same attorney - I paid for it.
Now comes AC21,
changing to employer B using H1B transfer.
My plan or decision: planning to change attorney (Rajiv khanna)though he is bit expensive.But heard a lot of good about him.And any ways in months come I need to renew EAD, AP and would need attorneys help (I know I can do it, but would prefer attorney do it)
Employer B suggestion: leave the case with previous attorney, unless you get RFE.As you have paid for it and it is your application. Attorney has to respond to you.
Your suggestion:
1. Stack back with old attorney
2. Stack back with old attorney, unless I get any RFE (hope not)
3. Change to my attorney even though it is expensive, which is always safe. As adviced by pappu or logiclife.
Please give me your valuable opinion / suggestion. And select your option.
Gurus, who have already done AC21 and would like to suggest some which is important and which lot of people ignore or would not know unless you are in boat, please suggest or highlight that point. This would be useful for people who would like to use AC21.
Thanking you in advance.
I had made decisions but would like to get second opinion from Gurus who are on the same boat like me. And I am not able to discuss with people close to me who are not in the same situation.
I know either Pappu or Logiclife suggested that it is alwasy better to have your own attorney instead of having employers attorney.
My situation:
This is a desi company and attorney is employers attorney, never been good to me, does not reply on time, does not respond properly on phone, infact does not give the respect that one desrves (as he thinks that he is talking to another desi)
Working for Employer A and he applied for labor, I 140 and he paid for it.
Then July 2007 came in and applied for 485 with same attorney - I paid for it.
Now comes AC21,
changing to employer B using H1B transfer.
My plan or decision: planning to change attorney (Rajiv khanna)though he is bit expensive.But heard a lot of good about him.And any ways in months come I need to renew EAD, AP and would need attorneys help (I know I can do it, but would prefer attorney do it)
Employer B suggestion: leave the case with previous attorney, unless you get RFE.As you have paid for it and it is your application. Attorney has to respond to you.
Your suggestion:
1. Stack back with old attorney
2. Stack back with old attorney, unless I get any RFE (hope not)
3. Change to my attorney even though it is expensive, which is always safe. As adviced by pappu or logiclife.
Please give me your valuable opinion / suggestion. And select your option.
Gurus, who have already done AC21 and would like to suggest some which is important and which lot of people ignore or would not know unless you are in boat, please suggest or highlight that point. This would be useful for people who would like to use AC21.
Thanking you in advance.
wallpaper On this ulletin board,
sunny1000
01-27 05:40 PM
We recd. our 485 approval last week and recd. the cards in the mail earlier this week. We were interviewed at the local USCIS for our 485's, 2 weeks ago. It went really smooth and case was approved the same day as the interview.
I would like to whole-heartedly thank IV core and all IV members. This site has been an amazing resource of information & support for us thru our journey. I became a IV member during the July 2007 fiasco. We were there at the IV rally in DC in Sept 2007, have attended local chapter meetings. We will continue to support IV in it's mission.
Thanks everybody.!
EB-II (India)
PD - April 2006
Filed 485 (spouse & myself) - July 2007
485 Approved / Cards recd - January 2011.
congrats and good luck!
I would like to whole-heartedly thank IV core and all IV members. This site has been an amazing resource of information & support for us thru our journey. I became a IV member during the July 2007 fiasco. We were there at the IV rally in DC in Sept 2007, have attended local chapter meetings. We will continue to support IV in it's mission.
Thanks everybody.!
EB-II (India)
PD - April 2006
Filed 485 (spouse & myself) - July 2007
485 Approved / Cards recd - January 2011.
congrats and good luck!
rickys_in
06-03 12:21 PM
I am Confused Too -- Why Are People Sending DL and Passport Copies.
It Clear Says do NOT send any Identification Copies Unless requested by USCIS
I am not sending the DL and Passport copies.
It Clear Says do NOT send any Identification Copies Unless requested by USCIS
I am not sending the DL and Passport copies.
2011 their ideas on the oard.
sdudeja
01-30 06:00 PM
I am not sure. But the FP notice was mailed on 23 dec and the other document on Jan 12.
more...
snathan
04-28 05:40 PM
Until you know the reason for denial, its difficult to give any opinion. If you know the chances are very low if you are going for appeal, I would still advise you for that to get some time.
1. When your appeal is pending you can use the approved PERM to get your H1B if you are beyond 6 years.
2. If your I-140 is denied, it will trigger the I-485 denial.
3. If your I-485 is denied, the EAD is become invalid. Then I am not sure about the AP status.
I am not sure but think you can use EAD if you go for appeal...
So its always good to have H1B as back up for EAD and AP. At least you will be in status.
1. When your appeal is pending you can use the approved PERM to get your H1B if you are beyond 6 years.
2. If your I-140 is denied, it will trigger the I-485 denial.
3. If your I-485 is denied, the EAD is become invalid. Then I am not sure about the AP status.
I am not sure but think you can use EAD if you go for appeal...
So its always good to have H1B as back up for EAD and AP. At least you will be in status.
beibei2929
05-15 02:22 PM
But you need a valid visa stamp to re-enter.
1) What is the validity of your current visa stamp ?
2) When you applied for visa extension , what is going to be the validity of that visa ?
1) current visa stamp has already expired, so I have to apply for a new stamp(this is the key question: how long is the visa stamp? 3-moth or only till June 30?)2) the validity of new I-797 approval notice will till 2010. I guess it will be approved next month.
My wish is the visa stamp is 3-month and then I can enter US with the new I-797 extension approval. Am I right?
1) What is the validity of your current visa stamp ?
2) When you applied for visa extension , what is going to be the validity of that visa ?
1) current visa stamp has already expired, so I have to apply for a new stamp(this is the key question: how long is the visa stamp? 3-moth or only till June 30?)2) the validity of new I-797 approval notice will till 2010. I guess it will be approved next month.
My wish is the visa stamp is 3-month and then I can enter US with the new I-797 extension approval. Am I right?
more...
inspectorfox
09-29 09:50 PM
Responding to RFE for Ability to Pay is a very complex process. Some of you folks make it sound very simple but there is much more to it then just submitting an Audited Tax Return or W2. I have not come across any single person who seems to have the expert knowledge on handling this other than United Nations. There was an RFE on my pending I140 and I don't even trust the response prepared by my immigration attorney at Murthy Law Firm. My case is pending at USCIS TSC for a year now. I am not defaming anyone here but United Nations is the only person who has the greatest knowledge on addressing this matter.
2010 Nursery Rhymes: craft
immiguy
07-18 01:39 PM
Thanks for the replies. Since all the dates are current under the July bulletin, how are the 485s processed ?
1) Order of priority dates and EBs?
2) Order of the date on which the 485 applications were received?
1) Order of priority dates and EBs?
2) Order of the date on which the 485 applications were received?
more...
PD_Dec2002
07-07 09:49 PM
I have described my situation below. Can someone please tell me if they have ever encountered this and what is the best avenue to take?
1. My LC was sent back to me on Tues (after 4 years).
2. It was neither denied nor approved. They said that I did not make at least 95% of prevailing wage rate.
3. I am currently a little less than that if I can take into account all bonuses etc.
4. The company's immigration lawyer (outside counsel) is saying that if I think that I will probably meet the wage rate threshhold by the time entire GC process is complete, then it's OK to amend LC and say that, "Yes, I am making that much money".
5. Else - other option is to challenge the DOLs definition of prevailing wage rate.
6. Company lawyer/HR (I don't think any of them have any immigration law background) are all confused about it. They are not sure whether I can take bonuses into account. If I don't - then it is less likely that I wil reach prevailing wage rate at next review.
7. Also - they are uncomfortable saying that I WILL meet PW. I guess they think that I will hold them to it and then just slack off until my review.
What should I do???
I only know the answer for Q6. No, you cannot take bonus and other perks into account to calculate your total compensation or wage for DOL. The DOL wage has to be the annual salary that you will earn...as shown in your pay stubs.
Thanks,
Jayant
1. My LC was sent back to me on Tues (after 4 years).
2. It was neither denied nor approved. They said that I did not make at least 95% of prevailing wage rate.
3. I am currently a little less than that if I can take into account all bonuses etc.
4. The company's immigration lawyer (outside counsel) is saying that if I think that I will probably meet the wage rate threshhold by the time entire GC process is complete, then it's OK to amend LC and say that, "Yes, I am making that much money".
5. Else - other option is to challenge the DOLs definition of prevailing wage rate.
6. Company lawyer/HR (I don't think any of them have any immigration law background) are all confused about it. They are not sure whether I can take bonuses into account. If I don't - then it is less likely that I wil reach prevailing wage rate at next review.
7. Also - they are uncomfortable saying that I WILL meet PW. I guess they think that I will hold them to it and then just slack off until my review.
What should I do???
I only know the answer for Q6. No, you cannot take bonus and other perks into account to calculate your total compensation or wage for DOL. The DOL wage has to be the annual salary that you will earn...as shown in your pay stubs.
Thanks,
Jayant
hair the same ulletin board as
lecter
July 26th, 2004, 09:13 AM
semi??? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
more...
morchu
05-04 02:11 PM
Good point regarding export regulations. I dont have much idea in this scene.
Not exactly correct. Once, he left the US for a long period of time (except vacation) the employer should remove him from US payroll and terminate the H1B. This is the very legal way. If employer want to receive employee's service outside the US, the employer should "outsource" the work to him. In this case, both the employee and employer must follow export-import rules between two countris and pay appropirate tax in both countries.
After employee left the US, if employer continously keeps him in US payroll using his H1B authorization for work eligibility, and receives his service or work from abord; it is the violation of LCA work place. If USCIS knows that the employer will be in trouble.
Not exactly correct. Once, he left the US for a long period of time (except vacation) the employer should remove him from US payroll and terminate the H1B. This is the very legal way. If employer want to receive employee's service outside the US, the employer should "outsource" the work to him. In this case, both the employee and employer must follow export-import rules between two countris and pay appropirate tax in both countries.
After employee left the US, if employer continously keeps him in US payroll using his H1B authorization for work eligibility, and receives his service or work from abord; it is the violation of LCA work place. If USCIS knows that the employer will be in trouble.
hot Bulletin Board Ideas for
usgc07
02-15 08:27 AM
:confused:
Gurus,
Please advise.
Can a spouse of Green card holder get an H1b visa.
Spouse is currently studying MBA final sem.
She has 3 year industry work experience.
An US based corporation might be willing to sponser her h1b visa because she has worked for their indian counterparty.
The question :
Her husband is a green card holder and she must disclose it either on the H1B petition or at the time of visa interview.
What are chances of her obtaining h1b visa ?
I heard H1B is a dual intent visa.
Thanks in advance for your time and efforts on this issue.
USGC07
Gurus,
Please advise.
Can a spouse of Green card holder get an H1b visa.
Spouse is currently studying MBA final sem.
She has 3 year industry work experience.
An US based corporation might be willing to sponser her h1b visa because she has worked for their indian counterparty.
The question :
Her husband is a green card holder and she must disclose it either on the H1B petition or at the time of visa interview.
What are chances of her obtaining h1b visa ?
I heard H1B is a dual intent visa.
Thanks in advance for your time and efforts on this issue.
USGC07
more...
house These ulletin boards serve
logiclife
02-27 10:59 AM
CSpan should have it live on one of the 3 Cspan channels.
tattoo Title of Bulletin Board:
upuaut
09-15 07:34 PM
Ha!! great to see it worked for you right off the bat. I'll have to check out that feature once I get MX.
It is, by far the biggest pain in the butt effect I've seen done which contains absolutely no action script.
It is, by far the biggest pain in the butt effect I've seen done which contains absolutely no action script.
more...
pictures ulletin boards like this
sa.node
02-15 09:01 PM
All
I believe there are many physicians who are facing this question regarding H1b visa status. I hope this thread will help many resident physicians.
I am in final year of residency, on H1b visa (cap-exempt). I am looking for jobs and most of the H1b sponsoring employers are being subjected to cap (apparently due to stricter USCIS rules). If I fall in "under cap" category I will be able to start from Oct 1 2011. This creates problem for most resident physicians as they finish training at the end of June (as this is when their H1b expires).
So my questions is (with possible solutions that I have gathered so far, please advise me if these are true)...
Q. 1 What will I do from the end of my residency (i.e. July) till I start next job (i.e. Oct)?
OPTION 1: Request current residency program to extend your residency status by giving you full/part time Chief-resident/research fellow or similar type of status. but using this way means your training license will have to be extended as well.
Does that mean a new H1b application will need to be filed (which may be quite expensive for 3 months of stay, considering attorney fee, premium processing fee etc)?
OPTION 2: Ask your future employer (cap subject) to show your starting date few days before your current H1b expiration date. This way your future employment will NOT fall in the cap-category. I gathered it from somewhere on this website though I doubt it will work.
Source- http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/attachments/forum6-non-immigrant-visas/382d1292767900-portability-of-cap-exempt-h1b-to-cap-subjected-h1b-uscis-memo-on-cap-exempt-to-cap-subject-2.pdf
OPTION 3: If you already have multiple entry visitors visa (B2) you may change visa status to B2. So when your H1b expires B2 kicks in. That way you can legally stay in the US (and sit for ABIM board exam). Havnt found any document to support if it is allowed and how easy this switch is. Heard from "friend of friend".
OPTION 4: Go back to your home country for 3 months and come back before starting job. question is if this will cause any problem in coming back or any other legal issue.
OPTION 5: If you have applied for ABIM board you may be allowed to stay till your board (mid-August). Though I have heard its true only for J1 holders. If it does work for H1 holders how does this process work?
Thanks a lot in advance.
;)
I believe there are many physicians who are facing this question regarding H1b visa status. I hope this thread will help many resident physicians.
I am in final year of residency, on H1b visa (cap-exempt). I am looking for jobs and most of the H1b sponsoring employers are being subjected to cap (apparently due to stricter USCIS rules). If I fall in "under cap" category I will be able to start from Oct 1 2011. This creates problem for most resident physicians as they finish training at the end of June (as this is when their H1b expires).
So my questions is (with possible solutions that I have gathered so far, please advise me if these are true)...
Q. 1 What will I do from the end of my residency (i.e. July) till I start next job (i.e. Oct)?
OPTION 1: Request current residency program to extend your residency status by giving you full/part time Chief-resident/research fellow or similar type of status. but using this way means your training license will have to be extended as well.
Does that mean a new H1b application will need to be filed (which may be quite expensive for 3 months of stay, considering attorney fee, premium processing fee etc)?
OPTION 2: Ask your future employer (cap subject) to show your starting date few days before your current H1b expiration date. This way your future employment will NOT fall in the cap-category. I gathered it from somewhere on this website though I doubt it will work.
Source- http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/attachments/forum6-non-immigrant-visas/382d1292767900-portability-of-cap-exempt-h1b-to-cap-subjected-h1b-uscis-memo-on-cap-exempt-to-cap-subject-2.pdf
OPTION 3: If you already have multiple entry visitors visa (B2) you may change visa status to B2. So when your H1b expires B2 kicks in. That way you can legally stay in the US (and sit for ABIM board exam). Havnt found any document to support if it is allowed and how easy this switch is. Heard from "friend of friend".
OPTION 4: Go back to your home country for 3 months and come back before starting job. question is if this will cause any problem in coming back or any other legal issue.
OPTION 5: If you have applied for ABIM board you may be allowed to stay till your board (mid-August). Though I have heard its true only for J1 holders. If it does work for H1 holders how does this process work?
Thanks a lot in advance.
;)
dresses Fall Themed Bulletin Board
smuggymba
05-11 03:30 PM
If we don't stop this EB1C fraud completely by the MNCs for their so called managers, our EB3s will be the big loosers who are legally waiting for years and years having a very better qualifications and an experiances than any of the so called managers. This helps EB2 I & C to be current. Yes it will because every year we could expect about 25k spill over from EB1 itself. That helps for EB3s porting/spilling.
.
I just send hard copy letters again this week. Costs nothing, great impact.
This is NUMBER 1 ACTION ITEM for EB3 friends.
.
I just send hard copy letters again this week. Costs nothing, great impact.
This is NUMBER 1 ACTION ITEM for EB3 friends.
more...
makeup Kindergarten Bulletin Board
prom2
09-24 10:14 PM
I have bad credit will that effect my Green card?
Did you mean master card?
Good luck !
Did you mean master card?
Good luck !
girlfriend Bulletin Board Ideas - August
rex
07-26 11:44 AM
will the fee go up if applied after july for EAD/AP?
I am also waiting for 485 receipt.
I am also waiting for 485 receipt.
hairstyles Bulletin Boards
iluvgc
08-28 03:50 PM
I think there have been enuf members writing about visa limit being reached for india/china EB-2. I wonder why ppl are still calling each other names when somebody posts something he things others will benefit from. This will defeat the purpose of this forum.
sucker
sucker
extra_mint
01-21 04:49 PM
even I am aware of the same thing.
I think u got it right.
The fact that you are moving to a new employer using your EAD is in essence using the AC-21 portability provision. This new employer will now have to support your AC-21 claim.
You don't have to do anything further. In case employer A revokes your I-140, then USCIS might send an NOID. This can be easily reversed by sending in your AC-21 documents via the new employer.
There is no such thing as "continuing your GC process with your old employer" in your case. It is only true if you are working for your new employer using H1-B or other type of a visa, NOT EAD.
If anyone has doubts about what I said then please correct me.
I think u got it right.
The fact that you are moving to a new employer using your EAD is in essence using the AC-21 portability provision. This new employer will now have to support your AC-21 claim.
You don't have to do anything further. In case employer A revokes your I-140, then USCIS might send an NOID. This can be easily reversed by sending in your AC-21 documents via the new employer.
There is no such thing as "continuing your GC process with your old employer" in your case. It is only true if you are working for your new employer using H1-B or other type of a visa, NOT EAD.
If anyone has doubts about what I said then please correct me.
lazycis
04-16 10:00 AM
When you are talking about H1 extension, you should keep in mind that there is an additional cost to get an actual visa (if you travel). Ask employer to extend H1, but be smart and apply for EAD. You never know what may happen. Employer or your job can vanish very quickly. You may not have time to wait for a new EAD. No need to jeopardize your GC by saving on EAD extension. As for AP, I do not really see a need for it if you have H1 (although you may experience difficulties with getting H1b stamp, so it may be wise to get AP just in case) or if you are not going to travel.
Gaps in EAD/AP is not a problem from GC perspective, but having a valid EAD all the time is very prudent.
Gaps in EAD/AP is not a problem from GC perspective, but having a valid EAD all the time is very prudent.

No comments:
Post a Comment